The following organizations have supported or joined with the Occupy Cleveland demonstration:
- Alameda Labor Council
- California Nurses Association, staffed the camp's first aid clinic
- Oakland Education Association, funded porta-potties
- Alameda Labor Council head Josie Camacho called a Oct. 25 Police eviction "an unprovoked raid on peaceful protesters."
- Chris Thomas, San Francisco
- Clarence Thomas, International Longshore and Warehouse Union
Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment
On Nov. 19, Tanya Dennis of the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) spoke at a rally held at the downtown plaza which for over a month had housed the main Occupy Oakland camp. She told how with ACCE's help she fended off a foreclosure attempt earlier this year and won a modification of her mortgage. "So we can stand up to the banks and we can prevail!" she declared to loud applause. Dennis urged rally-goers to join in a Dec. 6 national day of action "where people are going to reoccupy homes that have been foreclosed."
The following have addressed the protestors:
- Maria Gastelumendi, "owner of an area small business who expressed her wholehearted support for the occupy movement."
- Dan Coffman, president of ILWU Local 21 in Longview, Wash., "thanked Occupy Oakland for its solidarity with ILWU members' struggle against the corporate-owned EGT Development."
- Mike Porter, 24
- Scott Olsen, Iraq Veterans Against the War - allegedly "badly wounded in the raid... sustained a skull fracture after being shot in the head with a police projectile while peacefully participating in an Occupy Oakland march."
- Max Bell Alper
- People's World: Police evict Occupy Oakland, Oct. 25, 2011 (accessed on Oct. 25, 2011)
- People's World: Occupy Oaklanders wake up the town, Oct. 24, 2011 (accessed on Oct. 25, 2011)
- Inter Press Service: Police Tear Down Occupy Oakland; Protesters Say It's Not Over, Oct. 26, 2011 (accessed on Nov. 2, 2011)
- People's World: Occupy movement takes up new challenges, Nov. 22, 2011 (accessed on Dec. 8, 2011)
- San Francisco Chronicle "Occupy Oakland campers defy city demand to leave," November 12, 2011
- Oakland North "Oakland man charged with murder in shooting death near former Occupy Oakland encampment," December 2, 2011