NETWORK is a "National Catholic Social Justice Lobby" that was founded in 1971 by 47 Catholic sisters. The progressive organization's agenda and aims include advocating for "just and fair" treatment for immigrants, affordable housing, healthcare for all, retirement security, food security, wage equity, peace in Iraq through economic development, "fair and just" global trade and responsible investment, "fair and just" taxation, and investment in human needs domestically and globally.
The following are listed as staff members, as of April 1, 2010:
- Simone Campbell, SSS, Executive Director
- Sarah Carey, Lobby Associate
- Marge Clark, BVM, Lobbyist
- Ann Dunn, Office & Membership Coordinator
- Jeanell Freeman, Annual Giving Coordinator
- David Golemboski, Field Associate
- Stephanie Niedringhaus, Communications Coordinator
- Catherine Pinkerton, CSJ Lobbyist
- John R. Price, D.Min, Major Gifts Coordinator
- Jean Sammon, Field Coordinator
- Meghan Tighe, Lobby Associate
- Joy Wigwe, IT/HR Coordinator
- Tracie Powell, Accountant
Board of Directors
The following are listed as members of the Board of Directors, as of April 1, 2010:
- Mary Ann Brenden, Bloomington, MN; Candidate for Consociate with Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet; Social Worker and College Professor, School of Social Work, College of St. Catherine and University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN.
- Marie Clarke Brill, Annandale, VA; Social Justice Consultant.
- Simone Campbell, Washington, DC; Sister of Social Service; NETWORK Executive Director.
- Joan Carey, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ; Sister of Saint Joseph of Philadelphia; Assistant Director of WATERSPIRIT.
- Cathleen Crayton, Claremont, CA; Project Administrator for the Program in Neural Sciences at the University of Southern California.
- Mary Ann Gaido, Irvine, CA; Planning Commission Chair, City of Irvine.
- Linda Howell-Perrin, Covington, KY; Senior Case Manager for Bethany House Services, Cincinnati.
- Mary Jo Iozzio, Hollywood, FL; Professor of Moral Theology at Barry University.
- Donna Marie Korba, Scranton, PA; Sister, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary; Director of the Office of Justice and Peace
- Barbara Lange, Raywood, TX; Owner/Director of the Langetree Duckfarm Eco & Retreat Center.
- Marie Lucey, Silver Spring, MD; Sister of Saint Francis of Philadelphia; Associate Director for Social Mission for the Leadership Council of Women Religious
- Rhonda Meister, Culver City, CA; Consultant, non-profit and philanthropic organizations.
- Kateri Mitchell, Great Falls, MT; Sister of St. Ann; Executive Director for the Tekakwitha Conference.
- Mary Ann Nestel, St. Louis, MO; Sister of St. Joseph; Executive Director, Carondelet Community Betterment Federation.
- Judith Braitmayer Sharpe, St. Augustine, FL; Retired owner of commercial insurance agency and Montessori school.
- Sandra Thibodeaux, Liberty, MO; Mercedarian Missionary of Berriz; Nurse and Coordinator of Parish Health Care.
- Mary Yelenick, New York, NY; Attorney, Chadbourne & Parke LLP.
- Peter J. Zografos, Tacoma, WA ; Associate Member of the Sisters of Mercy (West-Midwest Region); Adjunct Faculty in the School of Theology and Ministry at Seattle University.
Education Program Board of Directors
The following are listed as members of the Education Program Board of Directors, as of April 1, 2010:
- Elizabeth Dahlman, Washington, DC; Online Organizer for Faith in Public Life
- Katherine Feely, Silver Spring, MD; Sister of Notre Dame; Director, Education for Justice's Center of Concern.
- Jennifer Haut, St. Paul, MN; Training Manager for Wellstone Action.
- Kit Hinga, Danbury, CT; Sister of St. Joseph of Springfield MA; Assistant Professor of Social Work for Western Connecticut State University.
- Dorothy Jackson, Louisville, KY; Member of Sisters of Charity of Nazareth; Pastoral Associate, St. Martin de Porres Church; Housing Coordinator of SCN Apartments.
- Kathleen Phelan, Nyack, NY; Dominican Sister of Sinsinawa WI; Development Director for Renew International, Plainfield, NJ.