Muslim-Jewish Advisory Council
Muslim-Jewish Advisory Council is "a new national group of leading Muslim and Jewish Americans, was launched this month at a meeting convened by the American Jewish Committee (AJC) and the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)."
At the group's inaugural meeting, the Muslim and Jewish participants met for two hours to get to know one another, discuss the Council's mission, and identify and agree on a domestic policy agenda. Among the Council's initial action items are:
- The Council will highlight the contributions of Muslims and Jews to American society, and aim to celebrate their contributions in the best traditions of American democracy.
- The Council will develop a coordinated strategy to address anti-Muslim bigotry and anti-Semitism in the U.S.
- The Council will work to protect and expand the rights of religious minorities in the U.S., as enshrined in the Constitution, so they may practice their faiths in full freedom and security.
- Stanley Bergman, CEO of Henry Schein, Co-Chair of the Council
- Farooq Kathwari, President and CEO of Ethan Allen, Co-Chair of the Council
- Ms. Raheemah Abdulaleem, KARAMAH
- Ms. Shakila Ahmad, Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Chaplain Tahera Ahmad, Northwestern University
- Imam Shamsi Ali, Nusantara Foundation
- Ms. Roberta Baruch, AJC Commission on Interreligious Affairs
- Mr. Stanley Bergman, Henry Schein Inc.
- Rabbi Angela Buchdahl, Central Synagogue
- Ms. Rabia Chaudry, United States Institute of Peace
- Senator Norman Coleman, Hogan Lovells
- Mr. Steven Collis, AmerisourceBergen
- Rabbi Joshua Davidson, Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York
- Ambassador Stuart Eizenstat, Covington & Burling LLP
- Imam Plemon El-Amin, World Pilgrims
- Mr. David Harris, AJC
- Mr. S.A. Ibrahim, Radian Group
- Congressman Steven Israel, United States House of Representatives
- Mr. Farooq Kathwari, Ethan Allen Interiors
- Mr. Suhail Khan, Microsoft Corporation
- Ms. Daisy Khan, Women's Islamic Initiative for Spirituality & Equality (WISE)
- Mr. Farhan Latif, El-Hibri Foundation
- Mr. David Levin, McGraw Hill Education
- Mr. Moses Libitzky, Libitzky Property Companies
- Senator Joseph Lieberman, Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman LLP
- Dr. Deborah Lipstadt, Emory University
- Imam Mohamed Magid, All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS)
- Mr. Talat Othman, Grove Financial, Inc.
- Rabbi Yehuda Sarna, New York University
- Rabbi Julie Schonfeld, the Rabbinical Assembly
- Imam Talib Shareef, The Nation's Mosque, Masjid Muhammad
- Dr. Sayyid Syeed, ISNA
- Rabbi David Wolpe, Sinai Temple, Los Angeles