Difference between revisions of "Mark Milano"
Latest revision as of 18:32, 15 September 2019
Protesting WalkAway Event
- "The Center must not cede an inch of space to those who question the validity of trans and non-binary identities, peddle in Islamophobic conspiracy theories, or stoke the fires of anti-Blackness. At a time when right-wing attacks on all our communities are on the rise both in the halls of power and in the streets, facilitating this event endangers the very people The Center claims to serve, and disrespects the lives and legacies of LGBTQIATS+ people throughout history that struggled and died for our right to live with dignity. The Center should not allow its legitimacy as an institution be cynically co-opted by a group that shares none of its principles or goals.
- "Please see the link below for detailed documentation of their transphobic, Islamophobic, anti-feminist, and racist hate speech. Recent history from Christchurch to Charlottesville shows that giving a platform to such peddlers of hate empowers self-described white supremacists, sexists, transphobes, and homophobes, and encourages them to escalate their activity from hateful speech to physical violence against our communities."
- Gordon Beeferman, United Against Racism and Fascism - NYC
- Sharona Chava, Outlive Them NYC, Jewish Solidarity Caucus, DC 37, Democratic Socialists of America NYC Queer Caucus
- Ken Kidd, Community activist with ACT UP, Queer Nation, Gays Against Guns, Rise And Resist
- Moishe Ben Marx, Outlive Them NYC, Jewish Solidarity Caucus, UAW Local 2110
- Mark Milano, Rise and Resist, Reclaim Pride Coalition
- Andy Ratto, Organizer, Reclaim Pride Coalition, United Against Racism and Fascism, Rise and Resist, Reclaim Pride Coalition
- Jason Rosenberg, ACT UP Member
- Derek Smith, Community Member
- Jay W. Walker, Organizer, Reclaim Pride Coalition, Gays Against Guns, Rise and Resist
- Ruth Yehezkel, Outlive Them NYC and Jewish Solidarity Caucus