- 1 Somerville comrades
- 2 Union United
- 3 Jacobin
- 4 Friends of Sean Monahan
- 5 "Roxbury Rally for Good Jobs! Stop Gentrification and Eviction!"
- 6 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 7 Socialist Feminists (DSA) Facebook page
- 8 Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
- 9 Toward Radical Democracy
- 10 References
Karen Narefsky is a Massachusetts activist. A Chicago native, Narefsky moved to the Boston area in 2007 and has been living in Somerville since 2011. She has been involved in many of Boston’s vibrant and interconnected social justice movements, including labor organizing, transit justice and immigrant rights. Through these movements, she has become dedicated to helping build power in working-class communities.
Mashael Majid July 18 2019·
With Laurie Goldman, Claudio D RuMed, Van Hardy, Zazil Mardones, Fred Berman, Zahra Riani, Rene E. Mardones, Danina Douge, Karen Narefsky, Matthew McLaughlin, Alex Pirie, María Fernanda Martínez, Greg Hill, Elijah Daniel, Mike Curtis, Eddy Toussaint Tontongi, Shana Berger, JT Scott and Kristen Lucas.
Mary Jo Connelly July 19 2019.
After 5 years of building our community and fighting hard Union United is finalizing a Community Benefits Agreement with the developer of the huge project in Union Square Somerville. I am so grateful for these amazing people. Special thanks to Karen Narefsky, Van Hardy, Ann Camara, Mashael Majid, Rene E. Mardones, Bill Cavellini, Sandra Brown, Laurie Goldman, Shana Berger, Matt Taylor and everyone who served on the UU Steering Committee or the negotiating team.
Mashael Majid July 18 2019·
With Laurie Goldman, Claudio D. RuMed, Van Hardy, Fred Berman, Zahra Riani, Rene E. Mardones, Danina Douge, Karen Narefsky, Matthew McLaughlin, Alex Pirie, Maria Fernanda Martinez, Greg Hill, Elijah Daniel, Mike Curtis, Eddy Toussaint Tontongi, Shana Berger, JT Scott and Kristen Lucas.
Karen Narefsky is a contributing editor to Jacobin magazine.
Friends of Sean Monahan
November 28, 2013 Sean Monahan of Providence Democratic Socialists of America wished Happy Marxgiving! to a list of people Silvina Hdz, Henry Seiler, Alex Jones, Amanda Davis, Betsy Tammaro, Calli Nicole, Alex Gourevitch, PM Gutierrez, Ingrid Hjertaker, Catalina Arreaza, Remeike Forbes, Neal Meyer, Maria Svart, David Duhalde, Andrew Porter, Matthew Riley Porter, Bryan Michael, Daniel Hanson, Elizabeth Henderson, Jim Sullivan, Nate Wade, Joseph Schwartz, Michele Rossi, Benjamin Kreider, Jesse Butterfield, Chris Maisano, Peter Frase, Bhaskar Sunkara, Ian Lee, David Roddy, Andee Johanna Sunderland, Ryan Briles, Alex Deane, Sarah Slichter, Sarah Gollwitzer, Kasey Knopp, Daniel Adrian Santiago, Tatiana Guerrero, Betsy Avila, Mike McCabe, Trace Cabot, Will Emmons, Elena Blanc, Davey Scher, Deanna Gosling, Ian Georgianna, Jana Koehn, Jackie Sewell, JP Kaderbek, Kate McCreary, Lauren Hines, Karen Narefsky, Noah Baron, Tom DiNardo, Brynn Cassidy West, Emahunn Raheem Ali Campbell, Chris Hicks, Melinda Fiedler, Isabel Anreus, Elizabeth Pride, Beth Cozzolino, Donald Bryan Hopkins, Joshua Luther, Dan Ludwig, Alec Hudson, Kyle Hempe, Luis Caza, Brian Flowers, Sam Miller, Jacob Curry, Liz Wright, Phillip Logan, Justin Simons.
"Roxbury Rally for Good Jobs! Stop Gentrification and Eviction!"
65 Warren St, Boston, Monday 6 October 2014, 17:00, organized by Boston Jobs Coalition
- The Boston that we love is increasingly unaffordable for poor and working class people in our neighborhoods. Meanwhile, billions of new dollars are flowing into the city to develop luxury housing and high end commercial space. We demand a Right to the City...
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included Phillip Reason, Andy Moxley, An Duong, Ester Serra Luque, Tu Anh Phan, Sarita Simpson, Aslin Perez, Rene E. Mardones, Jeffrey Nunes,Woody J. Vainqueur, Nodeos Sully, Allistair Mallillin, Hendrix Rose Berry, Jamie Bergeron, Christine Maguire, Lorrayne Shen, Carl Williams, Seth Newman, Amy Banelis, Steve Kirschbaum, Marv McMoore, Jr., Remy Valeros, Edmond Caldwell, Angela Kelly, Demianna Angelica Secondino, Peter Scott Rider, Dana Mendes, Jeff Durham, Mattie Loyce, Timothy Hall, Donald Cronin, Deborah D. Dancy, Philip Stango, Austin Williams, Monicka Majesky, LaDarro LD Hagans, Remy Valeros, Chandana Cherukupalli, Jean Charles, Teenah Maria Denyse, Gul Hatt, Priscilla Banks, Leon Rivera, Jason Lydon, Bhavin Patel, David Noiles, Lisa Husniyyah Owens Pinto, Sara Sheridan, Carolyn Chou, Curtis Rollins, Mukaji Gigi, Brian Shea, Carolyn Chou, Mike Horne, Chrislene DeJean, Mary Jo Connelly, Elizabeth Saunders, Leonardo March, Matt Parker, Jeffrey Nunes, Frank Neisser, Karen Narefsky, Crystal Rizzo, Mimi Turchinetz, Doyle Canning, Ashley Rose, Nodeos Sully, Darnell Johnson, Handel Dixon, Exkluzive Sanchez , Gianluca Baù, Troy Neves, Clayton Nino Brown, Sheena Collier, Judith Glaubman.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those expressing interest in attending, on Facebook included Karen Narefsky.
Socialist Feminists (DSA) Facebook page
Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
In March 2018 Karen Narefsky was involved with the Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee.
Toward Radical Democracy
Toward Radical Democracy was a 2018 "Proposal for Internal Voting Reform in Boston DSA".
- If you would like to sign on in support of this proposal, please click here. To date, over 100 members of Boston DSA have endorsed it. We also welcome support from DSA comrades in other chapters.
Signatories also included non Boston comrades such as Karen Narefsky.