Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Latinos Need Barack Obama"
- We support comprehensive immigration reform and we believe President Obama is on the right track. He favors an immigration policy that rewards hard work and responsibility and lifts the shadow of deportation from young people who were brought here as children, through no fault of their own, and grew up as Americans. And given congressional inaction, the President and the DHS implemented a stop-gap measure that temporarily lifts the shadow of deportation from DREAMers.
- The economic recovery is not yet complete, but we recognize President Obama's work to help our communities. From the Latina back in school thanks to expanded Pell Grants to the family that can now afford health care for their child with a preexisting condition, all Latinos need a leader that will stand by his word and respect their pursuit of the American Dream.
- Sadly when Mitt Romney speaks to Latinos today he will not answer our Grito de Verdad y Liderazgo because he stands on the wrong side of every Latino voter priority. Latinos know that what we need is a President who will lead our community with respect and value our contributions and that the contrast between Romney's campaign rhetoric and four years of action from this administration is clear: the man we need to lead us is Barack Obama.
- Congresswoman Linda Sanchez
- Labor leader Maria Elena Durazo
- LA County Supervisor Gloria Molina
- LA City Councilman Ed Reyes
- California State Senator Edward Hernandez
- California State Senator Alex Padilla
- California Assemblyman Felipe Fuentes
- California Assemblyman John Perez
- California Assemblyman Gil Cedillo
- California Assemblyman Kevin De Leon
- LA City Councilman Eric Garcetti
- LA City Councilman Jose Huizar
- LA City Councilman Tony Cardenas