C.J. Atkins is the opinion editor at People's World. He recently completed his Ph.D. in political science at York University in Toronto. C.J. has a research and teaching background in political economy and the grassroots politics of the American left. Originally from Arkansas, he has been involved in the anti-war, LGBTQ, and student movements. In addition to his work at PW, he also currently serves as the deputy executive director of ProudPolitics.
"Trans women and the fight for equality and justice"
The Marxist Classes: Trans women and the fight for equality and justice March 20, 2022.
In recognition of Women’s History Month, join:
- Shae Bardgett RN, Nurse Coordinator for the UNC Chapel Hill Transgender Health Program. They specifically work with gender-affirming care education
- C.J. Atkins, the managing editor at People’s World, currently serves as the Deputy Executive Director of ProudPolitics.
- Maicol Lynch, member of the National Committee of the Communist Party USA and an activist and organizer in Working America and the national grassroots movement Indivisible
A discussion of how the struggles of trans women contribute to the struggles of women and the working class overall for justice and equality.
John Bachtell December 3, 2018 ·
People's World staff and writers won 14 awards from the International Labor Communicators Association in 2018 for outstanding labor journalism. — with Earchiel Lee Johnson, Blake X, Chauncey K. Robinson, Roberta Wood, Melissa Parks, John Wojcik, Barbara Russum, Michelle Zacarias, C.J. Atkins and Al Neal, Mark Gruenberg at Polish Highlander Alliance of North America.
Communist Party member
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
Those invited included C.J. Atkins.
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included C.J. Atkins.
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference.
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those invited on Facebook included C.J. Atkins.