Voto Latino is a progressive community organizing group focused on mobilizing Latinos to vote co-founded in 2004 by Rosario Dawson and Phil Colon. Maria Teresa Kumar is President & CEO of Voto Latino. According to their website, Voto Latino seeks to "transform America by recognizing Latinos’ innate leadership."
- "Through innovative digital campaigns, pop culture, and grassroots voices, we provide culturally relevant programs that engage, educate and empower Latinos to be agents of change. Together, we aim to build a stronger and more inclusive democracy."
Support from Onward Together
Advisory Council for 'Erase the Hate'
From Deadline.com on October 10, 2017:
- "We’re assembling an Advisory Council of important voices who are helping to combat hate and prejudice on several critical fronts. They are inspirational leaders, passionate about important causes central to our campaign. Members currently include: Rebecca Cokley (Center for American Progress); Sarah Kate Ellis (GLAAD), Wadi Gaitan (The LIBRE Initiative); Vanita Gupta (The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights); Garrett Johnson (Lincoln Network); Alexis McGill Johnson (The Perception Institute); Suhail Khan (Institute for Global Engagement and Microsoft Corporation); Maria Teresa Kumar, (Voto Latino); Janice Min (Eldridge Industries), Janet Murguia (UnidosUS), Ana Navarrez (Republican Strategist/Commentator); Brittany Packnett (Teach For America) and Ashley Spillane (Democracy Fund).
2016 Visit to the White House
On July 13, 2016 Barack Obama "met with a range of people at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building...to discuss community policing and criminal justice..." for his Barack Obama and Community Policing initiative. Invitees included "activists, civil rights, faith, law enforcement and elected leaders – to have a conversation about ways we can keep people safe, build community trust, and ensure justice for all Americans." Maria Teresa Kumar, President and CEO, Voto Latino was listed as an attendee.
Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
Eddy Morales of Voto Latino was one of the 158 speakers who addressed the Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011 . The Conference was hosted by the Institute for Policy Studies, and Democratic Socialists of America dominated Campaign for America's Future, 
America's Future Now 2010
On June 7, 2010, Generational Alliance, Voto Latino, Choice USA, Bus Federation, Black Youth Vote, Campus Camp Wellstone, Campus Progress, Drum Major Institute, Democracia USA, Center for Progressive Leadership, Generation Change (a program of Center for Community Change), NAACP Youth & College Division, The Gathering For Justice, The League of Young Voters Education Fund, Young People For (a program of People For the American Way Foundation) and The United States Students Association Foundation sponsored an event entitled "Next Generation's Progressive Party" at the America's Future Now 2010 conference.
The conference was promoted as follows:
- "WE ARE THE CHANGE! Hundreds of the top progressive leaders and activists from across the country gathered at the 2010 America’s Future Now! conference to take the next steps of a reform agenda for America."
March On The Treasury
On 9 June, 2010, delegates and speakers at the America's Future Now 2010 conference took part in a "March On The Treasury" entitled "We Want Our Money Back" which was organized by Campaign for America's Future.
- About Us accessed March 14 2019
- Onward Together website: Program (accessed on June 12 2019)
- NBCUniversal Resurrects ‘Erase The Hate’ Initiative At Cable Networks accessed 12/13/2018
- [http://publicpool.gawker.com/subject-wh-pool-report-2-1783610584 Subject: WH pool report #2, accessed July 12 2016]
- Our Future website: Take Back the American Dream 2011 Speakers (accessed on Sept. 22, 2011)
- CAF website: home page (accessed on 13 July, 2010)