A project of the Victory Fund, the Gay & Lesbian Victory Institute is a "non-partisan" "501(c)(3)" charitable organization "dedicated to increasing the overall leadership potential of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community." The Institute "does not engage in lobbying. Its advocacy work is limited to training and developing LGBT leaders." 
The Victory Institute "expanded its footprint in 2013 to serve LGBT communities in developing countries, partnering with the U.S. Agency for International Development in a groundbreaking program to deliver programming in Colombia, Peru and Serbia."  The International LGBT Leadership Conference is a project of the Victory Institute.
"The Gay & Lesbian Victory Institute works to achieve full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people by building, supporting, and advancing a diverse network of LGBT public leaders.
Through its training and professional development programs, the Victory Institute assists hundreds of individuals who go on to influential careers in politics, government, business and advocacy each year. Many of the Victory Institute’s trainees join the more than 1,000 openly LGBT elected and appointed officials now serving around the world. Founded in 1993, the Victory Institute is a non-partisan, tax-exempt educational and research organization."
- John Arrowood, Vice Chair. Partner, James, McElroy & Diehl, P.A.
- Brandon Hernandez, Chair, Vice Chair. Director, Corporate Affairs, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Zack Hicks, Chief Information Officer of Toyota operations in North America and Group Vice President for Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- Mike Holloman, Business Broker / Intermediary at Murphy Business
- Paul Horning, II SVP & Senior Investment Management Consultant, The Horning-Link Group of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM), Atlanta
- Kim Coco Iwamoto, Commissioner / Hawaii Civil Rights Commission
- Linda Kaboolian, Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard University Kennedy School of Government
- Ross LaJeunesse, Global Head of International Relations, Google
- Alan Roth, Senior Executive Vice President, United States Telecom Association
- William Rouse, General Manager, Administrative Services Cooperative, Inc.
- Rob Saltzman, Commissioner, Board of Police Commissioners, Los Angeles, California
- Paula Schauwecker, Principal, Beveridge & Diamond, PC
- Debra Shore, Commissioner on the Board of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- John Tedstrom, Founder & CEO, Tedstrom and Associates
- Louis Vega, Chief of Staff, Office of the Chairman & CEO and Vice President, Olympic Operations, at The Dow Chemical Company (Dow).
- George Koutsos--Director of Major Gifts
- Joe Sangirardi--Director of Major Gifts
- Michelle Alwardt--Development and Events Associate
Finance & Administration
- Luis Abolafia Anguita--Director of International Programs
- Nikki Grigg--Programs Manager
- Jaan Williams--Director of Domestic Programs
- Caryn Viverito--International Programs Manger
- Sophia Ureta--Leadership Programs Intern