- 1 New American Movement 10th convention
- 2 Austin Democratic Socialists of America
- 3 Tikkun
- 4 Austin Beloved Community memories
- 5 Knoxville DSA
- 6 Statewide Organizing for Community Empowerment
- 7 Working for Bernie
- 8 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 9 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 10 Eat Out (with) PSA
- 11 Anderson Demsoc Facebook group
- 12 DSA Nashville discussions - Democratic Socialists of America
- 13 Endorsing Fetonte
- 14 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 15 DSA Labor Statement of Support for Danny Fetonte
- 16 DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
- 17 DSA North Star
- 18 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 19 Conference delegates
- 20 References
- 21 External links
- 22 References
New American Movement 10th convention
In 1981 Laura Batt, Lexington NAM; Travis Donoho, Austin NAM; Stanley Aronowitz, NY NAM and Judy D. Johnson, Rosa Parks NAM spoke on a mini-plenary entitled Organizing Southern Labor at the 10th Convention of the New American Movement. The convention was held in a union headquarters in Chicago and ran from July 29 - August 2, 1981.
Austin Democratic Socialists of America
Austin Democratic Socialists of America, board members at large, 1982.
Austin Beloved Community memories
Statewide Organizing for Community Empowerment
Working for Bernie
These petitions are a great organizing tool, and as a result local members are having weekly conversations with people about socialism.
Travis Donoho, of the Knoxville committee, joined the New American Movement when he was just 18 years old, and became a member of DSA when it merged with the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee in 1982. Travis says that now is the time to recruit people to DSA.
He told me: “There's never been a better time to ask people to join DSA. Bernie is making it okay to talk about democratic socialism. And we haven't seen that in 40 years.”
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Travis Donoho.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Travis Donoho.
Eat Out (with) PSA
- Percentage night at local restaurant Moe's! Support UTK's oldest progressive student organization, the Progressive Student Alliance, and learn all about what we do!
Those invited, on Facebook, included Travis Donoho.
Anderson Demsoc Facebook group
- Anderson Demsoc, created group on February 21, 2017
- Taylor Prince, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Added by Brian Hicks on February 22, 2017
- Tom Burns
- Travis Donoho, added by Brian Hicks on February 22, 2017
- Janice Perkins
- Josh Hale, Western Kentucky University, Added by Anderson Demsoc on March 28, 2017
DSA Nashville discussions - Democratic Socialists of America
Tennessee Democratic Socialists of America members who endorsed Danny Fetonte when he ran for DSA NPC in 2017 included Travis Donoho – Knoxville, Geoffrey Meldahl – Chattanooga, Mike Cannon – Nashville, Thomas Walker – Memphis.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA Labor Statement of Support for Danny Fetonte
In August 2017 a group of Democratic Socialists of America labor activists issued a joint statement of support for newly elected DSA NPC member Danny Fetonte. The group was fighting back against other DSAers wanting to remove Fetonte for his past work for a Texas law enforcement union.
DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
DSA North Star
In 2018 Travis Donoho was an original signatory of the DSA North Star founding principles statement.
Socialist Majority Caucus
- NAM 10th Convention Agenda, July 29, 1981
- [Knoxville DSA-Democratic Socialists of America FB REMINDER: KNOXVILLE-AREA DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISTS OF AMERICA MONTHLY MEETING FOR JULY 2015 July 3 at 2:51am]
- DL DSA’s Political Revolution Posted by Democratic Socialists of America on 12.02.15
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109
- [https://www.facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]
- DSA Labor Statement of Support for Danny Fetonte