Communist Workers Party
"Survival Day 84" staff members
Federation for Progress
The Federation For Progress was another attempt to create a new Marxist united front organization, much like similar efforts of the People's Alliance and the National Committee for Independent Political Action.
The FFP put a half-page ad in the "socialist" oriented weekly newspaper, In These Times in the July 14-27, 1982 issue, p. 8, entitled: "A natural follow-up to June 12: A national conference July 30-August 1 at Columbia Un., in New York City".
It was a follow-up conference to the major "anti-defense lobby" march and protest in New York on June relating to the U.N. Second Special Session on Disarmament.
The FPP Interim Executive Committee consisted of;
- Judy Chu - Professor Asian-American Studies, Los Angeles
- Michio Kaku- nuclear physicist
- Frances Hubbard - teacher of community health and social medicine, City University of New York \
- Dr. Arjun Makijani - nuclear disarmament activist
- Manning Marable - Professor of Political Economy
- Musheer Robinson - Executive Director, Black and Latin Workers Health & Safety Resource Center, Newark, NJ
- Tony To - Federation for Progress National Staff
- Kitty Tucker - Non-Nuclear World, Supporters of Silkwood
- Workers Viewpoint, Vol 7, No 10, March 31, 1982