Labor Committee for the Re-election of Mayor Harold Washington
Near 50 trade unionist met over a weekend in early September 1986 to organize a Labor Committee for the Re-election of Mayor Harold Washington. Rep. Charles Hayes, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and an executive vice president of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists played a leading role in the gathering.
Other leading participants include;
- Frank Rosen, president of United Electrical Workers Local 1114
- Sid Ordower, a political activist
- Martin Henderson, "community organizer and former ILGWU official
- Alderman Tim Evans, Washington's City Council floor leader
- PWW Sep. 10 1986, page 2, "Unionists organize to re-elect Washington, by Marcia Davis