The People's Lobby
The People's Lobby
The People's Lobby staff
The People's Lobby staff 2021:
- Will Tanzman, Executive Director
- Marta Popadiak, Organizing Director
- Kristi Sanford, Communications Director
- Nzinga West, Operations Manager
- Seong-Ah Cho, Global Justice Organizer
- April Friendly, Mass Liberation Organizer
- Kylah Johnston, Environmental Justice Organizer
- Morgan Oliver, Northside and Fair Elections Organizer
- Naomi Runder, Student Organizer
- Deana Rutherford, Digital Organizer
- Ted Smukler, North and Northwest Suburban Organizer
- Molly Abbatista, Development Coordinator
- Lori Simmons, Gig Economy Organizer
- Antonio Bacon, South Side Organizer
- Michael Evans, Will County Organizer
The People's Lobby played a key role in electing a number of progressive leaders who are making a real difference at multiple levels of government, including:
- State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, who has played a significant leadership role since winning her first election in decreasing incarceration in Cook County.
- Democratic nominee for Congress Marie Newman, who defeated conservative incumbent Daniel Lipinski in the 2020 primary.
- Illinois Senator Robert Peters, who served as TPL’s Political Director prior to his time in office and is now championing statewide bail reform and several other progressive campaigns.
- Two TPL members, Aldermen Daniel La Spata and Andre Vasquez, who were elected in 2019 to the Chicago City Council in races against incumbents who outspent them 10-1 and 7-1 respectively. We also helped elect Aldermen Maria Hadden, Rossana Rodriguez, Carlos Ramirez-Rosa, and Jeanette Taylor.
- Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson, who is now championing our efforts to move money out of the Cook County Jail and Cook County Sheriff budgets and into public services in Black and Brown communities not administered by law enforcement such as housing, health and mental health care, restorative justice, and jobs.
- Illinois State Representatives Will Guzzardi and Theresa Mah and Illinois Senators Ram Villivalam and Omar Aquino.
- Evanston City Clerk Devon Reid and Evanston Alderman Robin Rue Simmons.
Grace Pai September 15, 2016 ·
Thank you to this WONDERFUL team of folks who came out for The People's Lobby's final fundraising phone bank! If you haven't gotten a chance to make a contribution this week, please help us reach our goal of $10,000 by donating $35 (or another amount that works for you) at bit.ly/tplmember. We're almost there!!