Sarah Staggs is an insurance company director of benefits in Chicago. She is the partner of Mark Almberg.
North Americans in Support of Angola
Chicago Peace Council
US Peace Council
- Mark Shanahan, CNFMP
- Sarah Staggs, Chicago Peace Council
- Rep. Irving Stolberg, Connecticut
- David Cortright, SANE
- Rev. William Hogan, Clergy and Laity Concerned
- Terry Provance, AFSC
- Michael Myerson, executive director - a long-time functionary of the New York State Communist Party USA.
- Erica Foldy, CNFMP
- Frank Chapman, AFSC
- Archie Singham, The Nation, editorial board
- Betsy Sweet, WILPF
- Rep. Saundra Graham, Massachusetts
- Miriam Friedlander and Gilberto Gerena-Valentin, New York City Council members
- Edwin Vargas, Jr., vice president, Connecticut Federation of Teachers, Hartford, Connecticut
1980s U.S. Peace Council leaders
- Rep. Saundra Graham, Massachusetts State Legislature
- Gus Newport, Mayor of Berkeley, CA
- Frank Rosen, President, District 11, united Electrical Workers Union
- Mark Solomon, Professor, Simmons College, Boston, MA
- Sara Staggs, Executive Director, Chicago Peace Council
Ishmael Flory tribute
Margaret Burroughs, a board member of the Chicago Park District MCed the event.
"Ishmael Flory is a man for all seasons...He never gives up", said State Senator Alice Palmer.
Alderman Jesus Garcia of Chicago's 22nd ward cited Flory's role in fostering African-American and Latino unity , and in building multi-racial coalitions for social progress.
Prof. Robert Starks of the Free South Africa Movement said "Ishmael has never failed to compliment me on my speeches, but at the same time he has never failed to pull me aside afterwards, too point out how I could have been a little more "progressive."
Other speakers included Crystal Bujol for the Flory family, long time friend Christine Johnson, Jack Spiegel of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers Union, Ronelle Mustin, peace activist Sarah Staggs, Harold Rogers, who brought greetings from Rep. Charles Hayes, Gerry Oliver, and Carl Bloice of the Peoples Weekly World.
Communist Party MLK tribute
We salute Dr. King’s courage and vision. He saw and struggled for an America and world that can be. We pledge in his memory to work to reorder our nation’s priorities “so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war.”
Communist Party Member
- Letter to all persons who attended the Angola Support Conference, July 8, 1976
- Chicago Peace Council "SEND-OFF" letter April-6-1979
- War Called Peace
- USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985
- PWW, Chicago tribute hails work of Ishmael FloryOctober 12, 1991, page 8
- [http://www.peoplesworld.org/cpusa-conference-urges-all-out-mobilization-apr-20-march-for-peace-and-justice/, PW, CPUSA conference urges all-out mobilization Apr. 20 march for peace and justice,by: Evelina Alarcon, March 22 2002