- 1 WEB DuBois Clubs of America
- 2 1987 Rainbow conference/Board
- 3 Guardian ad, May 25, 1988, p. 9, National Day of Protest to End Israeli Occupation
- 4 Los Angeles DSA meetings
- 5 CrossRoads
- 6 People's Progressive Convention
- 7 1993 NCIPA National Steering Committee
- 8 Socialists Urge End of Fragmentation
- 9 CCDS
- 10 Labor for Palestine
- 11 References
Sabina Virgo has been a writer and an activist since the 60’s during the civil rights movement. She was a Jesse Jackson delegate to the 1984 and 1988 Democratic Party conventions, and served on the national Board of Directors of the Rainbow Coalition. She is currently with the Los Angeles Metropolitan Alliance and other independent political action networks.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Sabina Virgo was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
1987 Rainbow conference/Board
Sabina Virgo Rainbow Coalition Juan Lombard, a Rainbow Coalition, and Coalition of Black Trade Unionists activist, together addressed a Frontline Forum in Los Angeles in 1988, on the importance of the Rainbow.
Guardian ad, May 25, 1988, p. 9, National Day of Protest to End Israeli Occupation
A full-page ad appeared in the weekly Marxist-Maoist U.S. publication, the Guardian on May 25, 1988, page. 9 under the there of "National Day of Protest to End Israeli Occupation", calling on people to "Demonstrate" Saturday, June 4, 1988". Its themes were:
- Stop the Killing, Beating, Imprisonment, and Expulsion of Palestinians
- End the Israeli Occupation of the West Bank and Gaza
- Stop U.S. Funding of the Occupation
Demonstrations were scheduled for New York City, Chicago, Houston and San Francisco.
Endorsers included Sabina Virgo, - Rainbow CoalitionNational Board.
Los Angeles DSA meetings
On April 8, 1988 Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America convened a meeting at the Workmen's Circle West Los Angeles "Action for Jackson, where does he stand? Where will it lead? - A political analysis of the Jesse Jackson for President campaign, with its possibilities, perils, and promise for the Left."
- Sabina Virgo Board Member, National Rainbow Coalition
- Mark Cohen Peace Activists for Jackson
- Robert Nelson Democratic Socialists of America member, Science advisor to the Jackson campaign
On July 14 circa 1990 Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America and the American Solidarity Movement convened a meeting at the Workmen's Circle West Los Angeles "Progressives Stratiegies for the Labor Movement"
- Eric Mann Labor/Community Strategy Center
- Sabina Virgo AFSCME Foreign Affairs Network
- Jim Hilfenhaus Association for Union Democracy
- Susanne Paradis Jobs with Justice
- John Duray United Mine Workers - Pittston Strike
In the mid 1990s Sabina Virgo wasa contributing editor to Oakland based Institute for Social and Economic Studies- sponsor of CrossRoads magazine, which sought to promote dialogue and building new alliances among progressives and leftists... and to bring diverse Marxist and socialist traditions to bear while exploring new strategies and directions for the progressive political movements.
People's Progressive Convention
1993 NCIPA National Steering Committee
As of Spring 1993, the National Committee for Independent Political Action Steering Committee included Sabina Virgo.
Socialists Urge End of Fragmentation
96-06-26 an email was sent from David McReynolds and several other socialists, headed "Socialists Urge End of Fragmentation"
- The following open letter has been sent to the organizations listed below.
- The letter was drafted by Ethan Young, who has been connected with Crossroads, in consultation with a number of concerned individuals in all of the groups listed.
- David McReynolds, member, Socialist Party USA, New York City, June 26, 1996
To: The National Convention of the Committees of Correspondence
- The National Convention and Summer School of Solidarity
- The National Political Committee of Democratic Socialists of America
- The National Committee of Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- The National Steering Committee of the National Committee for Independent Political Action
- The National Committee of the Socialist Party USA
- As members of the groups listed above, we have joined together out of concern for the future of the organized socialist left. We have two concrete proposals that are being submitted to all of our groups simultaneously, so that they might be discussed and, if accepted, acted on as soon as possible.
- 1. We propose that joint regional meetings of our six groups be organized for members and invited individuals, as outlined in the June 1996 issue of CROSSROADS.
- 2. We propose that organizing begin immediately for a national conference of socialist youth in Fall 1997, initiated by the youth members and affiliates of the six groups, but open to co-sponsorship by other agreed-upon groups and individuals.
- Giuliana Milanese - COC, Bay Area
- Mel Rothenberg - COC, Chicago
- Eric Vega DSA, Sacramento
- Daraka Larimore-Hall - DSA, Chicago
- Jon Liss - FRSO, D.C.
- Carl Pinkston - FRSO Sacramento
- Sabina Virgo - NCIPA Los Angeles
- David McReynolds - SPUSA, New York
- Margaret Phair - SPUSA, Los Angeles
- Tim Marshall - Solidarity, Bay Area
- Joanna Misnik - Solidarity, Nashville
Labor for Palestine
On December 14, 2009 Labor for Palestine released an "Open Letter from U.S. Trade Unionists to AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka: Boycott Apartheid Israel".
- FB friends page
- Undated meeting flyer
- Crossroads March 1996
- CCDS membership letter Dec 20 2002