Run for Something
Support from Onward Together
"We’ll connect people to training organizations. Places like Wellstone, EMILY’s List, Latino Victory Project, National Democratic Training Committee, She Should Run, Emerge, Higher Heights, and more are already off to the races with incredible conferences and curriculum. We’ll help feed people into these programs."
- ""In our efforts to build a Democratic bench for the future, Run for Something’s immediate goal is to get as many people to run as possible."
Recruit new candidates
Recruit 5 strong candidates for down-ballot races in 2017, focusing in Virginia and possibly North Carolina.
Ask people to run — and once they say yes, get them into trainings that other organizations are already hosting.
Hillary Clinton’s email director. (The other emails.) Responsible for raising more than $330 million online. Charlie Crist’s digital director when he ran for governor in 2014. One of the first employees at Organizing for Action as deputy email director. Email writer for Barack Obama’s re-elect. Northwestern University graduate. Bookworm. Feminist. Nationals fan. Dog owner.
A progressive political operative with more than a decade of experience in campaign management, grassroots organizing, and data/analytics. Currently a principal at Smoot Tewes Group. Formerly a management consultant at Deloitte Consulting’s innovation center. Worked in Iowa in 2007 for Bill Richardson, and in 2005 for Julian Castro. Married, one dog, two cats.
Board of Advisers
- Cristobal Alex, President, Latino Victory Fund
- Garrett Arwa, Political Director, For Our Future Fund
- Mike Blake, member of the NY state Assembly for the 79th district
- Amanda Brown, Campaign Director, For Our Future Fund
- Jon Carson, former executive director of OFA & Obama 2008 field director
- Brad Elkins, Deputy Campaign Manager, Jason Kander for Senate
- Teddy Goff, digital & tech for Obama 2008, Obama 2012, and Hillary 2016
- Sabrina Hersi Issa, CEO, Be Bold Media
- Omar Khan, Obama campaign & admin alum
- Andy MacCracken, student advocate
- Aneesa McMillan, Deputy Communications Director, Keith Ellison for DNC Chair
- Caitlin Mitchell, VP of Digital at EMILY's List
- Jen O'Malley Dillon, Partner, Precision Strategies
- Charles Olivier, CFO, Democratic National Committee
- Emmy Ruiz, Campaign operative