Template:TOCnestleft Roberto Hernandez
Iraq War "teach-in"
1968 The Great Rehearsal was a " Symposium and Week of Events on the Long ‘68 " held at the University of California, Berkeley September 17-25, 2008.
The revolutionary upheaval of 1968 was seen as a 'rehearsal' for the looming revolutionary events of the coming era.
The "National Teach-In on the Iraq War" event was run by a Working Group, consisting of;
- Max Elbaum, War Times
- Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Historians against the War
- Roberto Hernandez, Ethnic Studies, UCB:
- Daphne Taylor-Garcia, Ethnic Studies, UCB; UCSB
- Dalida Maria Benfield, Ethnic Studies, UCB
- Rick Ayers, educator, UCB graduate student:
- Tom Reifer, University of San Diego Associate Fellow of the Transnational Institute: Consolecb@aol.com
- Carole Travis, community organizer
- Steve Tappis, Sixties activist in Chicago
Latinos for Peace
On October 31 2009, Latinos For Peace issued a statement calling for “no escalation of the war in Afghanistan and for expedited withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and Afghanistan as well as an end to the coup government in Honduras”.
More than 100 activists endorsed the call, including Roberto Hernandez, Berkeley.