Template:TOCnestleft Prof Robert J. Havighurst...
Support for peace movement
National Committee to Abolish the House Un-American Activities Committee
As of May 1964, Robert Havighurst Education, University of Chicago, was listed as a sponsor of the Communist Party USA front, National Committee to Abolish the House Un-American Activities Committee.
Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights
Chicago Area Committee for a Sane Nuclear Policy
New American Movement
In 1981, Florence Green and Ben Green, Bob Reed of Seattle, Judy MacLean of San Francisco, Max Gordon of NYC, Quentin Young and Ruth Young of Chicago, Clarence Lipschutz and Peggy Lipschutz of Evanston, Miriam Bazell, Florence Gibbon of Chicago, Bronwen Zwirner of New Bedford, Leonard Lamb and Constance Lamb of Astoria, Helene Susman and Bill Susman of Great Neck, Corinne Golden of Chicago, Robert Havighurst and Edythe Havighurst of Chicago, Sara Heslep, Sandy Barty, Clara Diamont, Pete Seeger, Steve Nelson, Hannah Frisch, Sue Cohen, Alba Alexander, Bill Barclay, Dan Gilman, Roger Gilman, Debby Holdstein, Rob Persons, Miriam Rabban, Ralph Scott, Julie Skurski, Peg Stroebel, Monty Tarbox, Ed Kucinsky, Gil Green of NYC, Joan Powers and Clarence Stoecker of Chicago, Rebecca Hobbs of Chicago, James Bond of Oakland, Pat McGauley, Gabby Rosenstein of Santa Monica, Karl Cannon and Fay Cannon of Camarillo, Steven Starr, Daniel Starr, Beth Starr and Bob Starr (children of Vicky Starr) and Loriel Busenbard of the Lucy Parsons Chapter of the New American Movement honored Milt Cohen and Vicky Starr for their many years of activity in the causes for people's progress and democracy.
Salute to Harold Washington
On April 6, 1983, the Hyde Park Herald published an endorsement from the Hyde Park/Kenwood Citizens Committee of Democratic Party Chicago mayoral candidate Harold Washington. Signatories to the endorsement included Robert Havighurst and Edythe Havighurst.
- Center letter to Timuel Black June 8 1962
- Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights Letterhead Feb 1965
- SANE letter to members, November 1965
- Full text of "The nationwide drive against law enforcement intelligence operations : hearing before the Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-fourth Congress, first session page 151
- 10th Anniversary Booklet for the New American Movement, 1981
- Hyde Park Herald April 6, 1983, page 8