Template:TOCnestleft Rahel Aima was a New York City activist. Rahel Aima is co-editor at The State. Her research focuses on the intersections of magic, radical politics and non-western futurisms. She is currently based in Dubai.
CUNY Social Forum Panel by Students for a Democratic Society
CUNY Social Forum Panel by Students for a Democratic Society...October 19, 2008 City College of New York.
Moderator: Robyn Tang
- CUNY has a long history of struggle, which has never just emerged within CUNY itself, but has been connected and a part to the greater New York Community and the politics of its time. How can we learn from the struggles of our communities in the past & today, of students throughout the New York Public Education System, and connect that to the possibility of building a radical student movement with organic roots in our communities? Students for a Democratic Society members look at what are our possibilities, what our duties as politically conscious students are, and what kind of transformation we want to see.
Students for a Democratic Society re-emerged as a new organization in 2006. Since then, SDS has grown into a national organization with over a hundred chapters and thousands of members.
- Robyn Tang is an aspiring artist. She was the former vice-president of the Philosophy Club of Hunter College, and is now a current member of Hunter Students for a Democratic Society.
- Daniel Tasripin was a member of Student Liberation Action Movement (SLAM) and a member of CUNY Hunter Students for a Democratic Society, as well as a representative of the People of Color Caucus in National SDS organization. He has helped organized the first Iraq Moratorium events in NYC and is the prolific author of the blog Hegemonik.
- Rahel Aima has been a member of Columbia Univeristy Student Liberation Action Movement for more than two years and has organized against David Horowitz and the Islamofascist week, and is currently organizing against the re-introduction of the ROTC to the Columbia campus.
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero is a Nuyorican born, raised and resides in the borough of The Bronx, he has now come to learn more of his oppressive history in the United States and in Puerto Rico. He is a member of Queens College SDS and a member of La Tertulia (The Spanish Club) on campus seeking to help educate other Latino/a students on their history and issues inside the United States and in Latin America, while also seeking to learn from others.
- [https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/hunter-sds-info-bulletin/Px3MWhsgzaw/UjNzt0MkX5wJ Hunter SDS Info Bulletin › Fwd: EVENT! "Daring to Struggle, Daring to Win! Building a Radical Student Movement"2 posts by 1 author Lenny Maze]