Raed Jarrar is married to Alli McCracken.
Anti Iraq War campaigner
February 28 2008 Michigan Coalition for Human Rights presented "Speak for Peace Tour" featuring Iraq War veteran Patricia McCann and Iraqi political analyst Raed Jarrar on Thursday, February 28 at 7:30 PM at University of Detroit Mercy -- McNichols Campus. Contact was Jessica Flores.
Iraq: The Legacy of the 7-Year U.S. Occupation
On Sunday, August 29th 2010. at Busboys and Poets, 5th and K Sts. NW, Washington, D.C., an event "Iraq: The Legacy of the 7-Year U.S. Occupation" was held;
- Is the U.S. military really leaving Iraq or just rebranding? What is the toll of seven years of occupation on Iraqis, U.S. soldiers and our economies? What is the status of Iraqi refugees around the world? Is it still possible to hold accountable those who dragged us into the war or committed crimes such as torture? What role did Congress and the media play in facilitating the invasion/occupation? We'll also look at the role of the peace movement -- its strengths and weaknesses -- and draw key lessons to make our work for peace, including in Afghanistan, more effective.
- Congresswoman Donna Edwards
- Kymone Tecumseh Freeman, playwright, performer, reading Letters from Iraq
- Head-Roc, hip-hop artist
- Phyllis Bennis, Institute for Policy Studies
- Raed Jarrar, Peace Action
- Manal Omar, author
- Bill Fletcher, Jr., labor leader, scholar
- Josh Stieber, Iraq Veterans Against the War
- Medea Benjamin, CODEPINK and Global Exchange
- Andy Shallal, Iraqi artist, owner Busboys and Poets
- David Swanson, author
- Gene Bruskin, U.S. Labor Against the War
- Felicia Eaves, activist
The event was sponsored by: CODEPINK, Peace Action, Institute for Policy Studies, Fellowship of Reconciliation, Global Exchange, Just Foreign Policy, Veterans for Peace, Iraq Veterans Against the War, Military Families Speak Out, Progressive Democrats of America (PDA), U.S. Labor Against the War, ANSWER, World Can’t Wait, Voices for Creative Nonviolence, War is a Crime, Rivera Project, Washington Peace Center.
Speakers at the town hall meeting included Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN); CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad; Linda Sarsour, executive director of the Arab American Association of New York; Kameelah M. Rashad, Muslim chaplain at UPENN; Raed Jarrar, government relations manager at American Friends Service Committee (AFSC); Donna Nevel of the Network Against Islamophobia, Jewish Voice for Peace; and Rev. Dr. David D. Grafton of Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia.
- GDDSA newsletter, Feb. 2008
- [http://www.pacificfreepress.com/news/1/6899-the-last-combat-politician.html Withdraw the Last Combat Politicians from Washington by David Swanson, pacific free Press, Aug 29, 2010]
- CAIR WATCH: New CAIR ISLAMOPHOBIN Ad ‘Crushes’ Islamophobia Last Updated: July 25, 2016