Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf
Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf manages Sacramento Environmental Democrats.
DSA Facebook group
Members of the California Democratic Socialists of America, statewide Facebook group, as of October 10, 2017 included Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf.
2018 Sacramento DSA endorsements
Sacramento Democratic Socialists of America, May 4 at 5:47pm
DSA Sacramento is pleased to announce our endorsements for the 2018 election cycle:
- Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf For ARFCD Trustee
- Tristan Brown for Sacramento City Council District 7
- Phillip Kim for CA State Senate - District 4
- Gayle McLaughlin for California Lieutenant Governor
- It's truly an honor to endorse such a strong slate of Socialist candidates for public office and we're thrilled by what this election cycle has in store. Special thanks to all who participated in our April 29th candidate forum.
- Brown, VanderWerf, and Kim are Sacramento DSA members, and chapter members are excited to move on their campaigns.
Progressive Alliance Voter Guide
Sacramento Progressive Alliance, Saturday, May 26, 2018 Progressive Alliance Voter Guide - Updated.
- U.S. Senate - Kevin de Leon
- Governor - Gavin Newsom
- Attorney General - Xavier Becerra
- Lt. Governor - Gayle McLaughlin
- Superintendent of Public Instruction - Tony Thurmond
- Congressional District 4 - Jessica Morse
- State Senate District 4 - Phillip Kim
- Sacramento County District Attorney - Noah Phillips
- Sacramento County Sheriff - Milo Fitch
- Sacramento City Council District 5 - Tamika L’Ecluse
- Sacramento City Council District 7 - Tristan Brown
- Sacramento County Office of Education Area 2 - Karina Talamantes
- Sacramento County Office of Education Area 3 - Richard Launey
- Yolo County Supervisor District 2 - Don Saylor
- American River Flood Control District -Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf
DSA in CDP member
Standing for AD 7
In 2019 Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf stood from AD 7 for the California Democratic Party central Committee.
- As an Environmental Scientist with the State of California, my focus is ensuring access to clean drinking water for many areas of the state. As a representative for California Association of Professional Scientists, I build solidarity within my field, and fight for the rights of State Scientists. As a trustee on the American River Flood Control District, I am working to increase transparency, as well as use my background in drinking water to assist in protecting our community. As the President of the Environmental Democrats of Sacramento County, we educate the public through local outreach events featuring speakers in a variety of areas of environmental concern, and raise funds for special projects and relief efforts, including raising almost $1,000 for victims of the recent Camp Fire. As Committee Chair for the Parks and Recreation Committee of the Sacramento Women and Girls Coalition, we are working to ensure that there is gender and racial equity in city activities. As well, I am an active member in many other Democratic Party and local community groups.
California Teachers Association strike supporters
Phillip Kim January 13 2018.
With Dean Murakami, Tamika L'Ecluse, Shirley Toy, Rachelanne Vander Werf, Jillynn Molina, Robert Longer, David Mandel, Anna Molander, Ian Hoffmann, Norma Alcala, Michelle Pariset, Tim Molina and Rene Cruz Martinez at California Teachers Association.