Template:TOCnestleft Nico Gumbs
Southeast Regional Powershift: Youth Leader Training
- Poised to be one of the most transformational years ever, 2016 is already filled with seemingly unreal manifestations of injustice. With a growing income inequality gap, high corporate greed, increased influence by the Koch brothers, sea-level rise, police brutality, and continued environmental degradation we definitely have our work cut out for us.
- Bottom line, we need a shift in POWER.
- That is why on Feb 19-20, 2016 community leaders and organizers will be hosting a youth leadership training session for committed young people from around the region to assemble a team to mobilize for the Southeast Regional PowerShift conference this September.
- In this training we are looking for groups to explore connections between their goals and the power structures they are working against, the progressive framework that tie the work of activists and community leaders together, and develop a network of committed and passionate youth leaders who will lead us in the future.
Those signalling intention to attend on Wherevent included Olivia Quinn, Rachel Stevens, Evan Weber, Fatima Ait Rami, Yulissa M. Arce, Ralph Benton Wilson Iv, Hannah Procell, Tim Heberlein, Talia Smith, Ava Howard, Gladys Nobriga, Indiga Flor, Lakey Love, Brittany Jacobs, Juddie Passion, Sam Michael Sickels, Erin Elizabeth Fagan, Everton St Patrick Foster, Sean Estelle, Kaila Rose Varano, Amanda Freeman, Steven Sloan, Nico Gumbs, Amy Ritter Valdivia, Haley Stickney, Amina Minka Spahic, Heiner Buchholz, Stephanie Porta.
""Introduction to Black feminism"
Tuesday, August 15 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group.
Sendolo Diaminah August 15, 2017;
- Black people! Tonight my beloved sister Adrienne Maree Brown is leading a web discussion about Black Feminism as part of a series of Black August political education sessions hosted by Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Freedom Road Socialist Organization, and BOLD.
Those invited on Facebook included Nico Gumbs.