New York Communities for Change
New York Communities for Change works from the former ACORN offices in Brooklyn, uses old ACORN office stationery, employs much of the old ACORN staff and, according to several sources, engages in some of the old organization’s controversial techniques to raise money, interest and awareness for the Occupy Wall Street protests.
People vs. Fossil Fuels
Jamie Henn's Fossil Free Media is organizing "civil disobedience" at the White House October 11-15, 2021 to convince Joe Biden to take executive action to stop fossil fuels through their People vs. Fossil Fuels coalition of far left environmental activists. New York Communities for Change was named as a People vs. Fossil Fuels endorsing national organization.
- Jon Kest, executive director
- Fitzroy Searles
- Scott Levenson, spokesman
- Jonathan Westin, organizing director
- Jean Sassine, board member
- Fox News: EXCLUSIVE: ACORN Playing Behind Scenes Role in 'Occupy' Movement, Oct. 26, 2011 (accessed on Oct. 27, 2011)
- JOIN US in Washington, D.C. To Demand a Fossil Free Future (accessed October 5, 2021)
- Left Forum: Panels (accessed on March 8, 2011)
- Fox News: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents, After Exposed as Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests, Nov. 3, 2011 (accessed on Nov. 10, 2011)