Nabilah Islam is the child of Bangladeshi immigrants and Democratic Activist who worked on the 2014 Gubernatorial campaign of Jason Carter.
Her platform calls for Medicare-For-All, $15 Minimum Wage, and rejecting Corporate Money.
- "We are proud to annonuce (sic) our fifth Honoree Nabilah Islam!
- "Nabilah “Billie” Islam has deep political roots in Georgia where she has helped candidates up and down the ballot in multiple capacities.
- "Billie is a Georgia native and currently serves as the Southern States Finance Associate for Hillary Clinton’s presidential Campaign, she has been on the campaign since May 2015 coordinating finance events for 7 states.
- "During her time on the Finance Team for Jason Carter’s gubernatorial bid in 2014 Billie helped raise more than 10 million dollars in nine months.
- "Billie’s first paid position on a campaign was in 2013 when she served as Campaign Coordinator for the successful city-wide campaign to elect Andre Dickens to the Atlanta City Council. It was in this position that she learned what it meant to be an underdog candidate and how much elbow grease it takes to win.
- "Billie is a Democracy for America-trained operative, a graduate of VIP United Way and a graduate of the Gwinnett Neighborhood Leadership Institute. She has also served on the Board of the Red Clay Democrats. Committed to advancing Democratic causes in her home town, in 2013 she re-charted the Gwinnett County Young Democrats and served as President.
2020 Metro Atlanta DSA voter guide
- District 1 Lisa Ring Democratic Socialists of America member
- District 7 Nabilah Islam Democratic Socialists of America member
- District 13 Michael Owens Democratic Socialists of America endorsed
Georgia State Elections
Georgia House of Representatives
- District 35 Elizabeth Webster Democratic Socialists of America member
- District 40 Asher Nuckolls Democratic Socialists of America member
- District 58 Kyle Lamont Democratic Socialists of America member
- District 84 Renitta Shannon
- District 89 Bee Nguyen
- District 111 El-Mahdi Holly
Georgia State Senate
Metro Atlanta DSA endorsement meeting
Metro Atlanta DSA January General Meeting
Saturday, Jan. 25 2020
CWA Local 3204 Union Hall
279 Logan St, Atlanta, GA 30312
This month's speakers are lawmakers Nan Orrock, Renitta Shannon, & Park Cannon. We’re also voting on a bylaws reform package and 2 candidate endorsements: Nabilah Islam & Michael Owens. (Only members in good standing may vote; please join DSA or renew today.)
Requesting DSA endorsement
Muslim Collective for Equitable Democracy Conference
In July 2019 Congressmembers Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Judy Chu, Susan Wild and Betty McCollum addressed the inaugural Muslim Collective for Equitable Democracy Conference and Presidential Forum July 23-24 at the Washington DC National Housing Center.
Other speakers included Keith Ellison, Abdul El-Sayed, Khizr Khan, Basheer Jones, Omar Suleiman, Sam Rasoul, Zahra Billoo, Catherine Orsborn, Corey Saylor, Daniel L. Weiner Dalia Mogahed, Prof. Asifa Quraishi-Landes, James Zogby, Farhana Kheera, Suhail Khan, Mike Ghouse, Zainab Cheema, Sister Simone Campbell, Scott Simpson, Shaun Kennedy, Ken Martin, Sadaf Jaffer, Dilara Saeed, Luqmaan Bokhary, Nabilah Islam, Movita Johnson-Harrell, Rummi Khan, Ghazala Hashmi, Shahed Amanullah,Sevim Kalyoncu, Ani Osman-Zonneveld, Yasmeen Awwad, Amira Daugherty, Sabina Taj, Asina Silva, Dr. Jay Jalisi.
- https://www.facebook.com/YDATL/photos/a.592835437410828/1389293764431654/?type=3&theater Young Democrats of Atlanta FB Post accessed Dec 13 2019