Student Action with Workers
NEW STRATEGIES FOR ORGANIZING IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
NEW STRATEGIES FOR ORGANIZING IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY: A PANEL DISCUSSION OF WORKER LEADERS FROM EL SALVADOR AND BALTIMORE Sunday March 22, 7:30 at Red Emma's Bookstore.
- Please join us for a panel discussion about new strategies for organizing for worker power and efforts to build solidarity locally and globally! Don't miss this last-minute event!
- Estela Ramirez is the Secretary General of the Sindicato de Trabajadoras y Trabajadores Sastres Costureras y Similares (SITRASACOSI), a national industrial union of garment workers in El Salvador affiliated to the Frente Sindical y Social Salvadoreño. She is also the Global Chairperson of the International Union League for Brand Responsibility, a coalition of garment workers’ unions in twelve countries in the Global South
- Gilberto Garcia is coordinator of the San Salvador-Based Centro de Estudios y Apoyo Laboral (CEAL).
- Mike Hachey is an organizer for UNITE HERE Local 7 in Baltimore and a member of the US Committee in Solidarity with the International Union League, a network of activists in a dozen cities in the US. Over the past two years, the committee has raised tens of thousands of dollars to fund labor organizing in the Global South and has organized actions in solidarity with successful campaigns to unionize garment factories in Central America, raise the minimum wage in Cambodia, and protest violent repression against union leaders. 
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included Mike Hachey.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those saying they would attend, on Facebook included Mike Hachey.
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
Those attending included Mike Hachey.
- [ http://www.audioactivism.org/2006/01/INTERVIEW WITH MIKE HACHEY OF STUDENT ACTION WITH WORKERS JANUARY 21, 2006]
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109