- Studied Speech pathology at Wayne State University
- Studied Learning disabilities in special education at Marygrove College
- Studied Speech-language pathology at Wayne State University
- Went to Mackenzie High School
- Former Teacher of the Speech and Language Impaired at Detroit Public Schools.
1980s U.S. Peace Council Executive Board
Supported Communist Party call
Christopher Alston Memorial
In May 1995 the Communist Party USA Newspaper, People's Weekly World published a memorial to Christopher Alston. It was endorsed by several signatories, mainly identified members of the Michigan Communist Party USA. The list included Michele Artt and Steve Artt.
Memorial to Coleman Young
Signatories to the memorial included Michele Artt.
Honoring Eve Neidelman
- Eve Neidelman 1902-1999 - "We honor a life devoted to the American Working Class and its Trade Unions. A promoter of Art and Artists, and a strong believer in Socialism. May her memory serve as an inspiration.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Michelle Artt, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
"Single payer" resolution
Detroit, MI—The motor city became the first big urban labor council to endorse HR 676, Single Payer Health Care, a bill introduced by Congressman John Conyers.
Acting at its regular November 2005 meeting, the Council, which represents 36 local unions, resolved to “…work with other unions and community groups to build support and action for single payer universal health care and HR 676.” The resolution, which passed unanimously, was introduced by Michele Artt, a delegate from the Detroit Federation of Teachers.
Communist Party USA
In September 2006 the Peoples Weekly Worldlisted several members of the Communist Party USA. Aaron Moss, Alan Donohue, Andre Brochu, Annie Fox, Barbara Samuelson, Barbara Collins, Barry Weinstein, Carol Sorflaten, CT Weber, Delmer Berg, Dorothy Kohl, Doug Smiley, Earl Harju, Emile Schepers, Everett Hoagland, Fay Bussell, Gregory King, Jack Bussell, James Thompson, Jerome Moss, Joe Bernick, John Falchi, John Smith, June Dennis, Karl Dennis , Karl Sorg, Karl Weichinger, Lee Dlugin, Lewis Lubka, Mark Jordan, Michele Artt, Pat Barile, Raymond Tate and Robert Jastad
In Recognition of Women's History Month, the Civil Rights Committee of the Metro Detroit AFL-CIO showed the film "Norma Rae."
Committee co-chair Michele Artt said a lot of thought went into picking this film. "The committee viewed a number of DVDs looking for the right one. First we wanted to honor women in unions and their struggle for equal pay. With so many people discouraged, we needed a movie having a positive outlook; one showing working people on the winning side. We really feel gains are possible when people unite and of course, the movie sends a great message to all women."
Detroit Angela Davis gathering
A standing room only crowd of nearly 2,000 people welcomed Angela Davis, October 24, 2012, to Detroit to celebrate the 40th anniversary of her acquittal on charges of murder, kidnapping and conspiracy. The event, held at Fellowship Chapel on the city's northwest side, was a "powerful demonstration of the respect and affection Detroiters have for Professor Davis and her history of struggle for economic, racial and gender justice."
The program included Fellowship Pastor Wendell Anthony, Congressman John Conyers, Detroit City Councilperson JoAnn Watson, Metro Detroit AFL-CIO President Chris Michalakis, Retired Wayne County Circuit Court Judge and civil rights activist Claudia Morcom, Metro AFL-CIO Civil Rights Committee Chair Michele Artt and UAW Vice-President Cindy Estrada.
Following Prof. Davis' address, Michele Artt spoke on behalf of the committee which organized the event, "Detroit Welcomes Angela Davis," and asked for contributions to help defray expenses.
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Michele Artt.
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those invited on Facebook included Michele Artt.
Tim Wheeler July 12 2019·
- USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985
- PWW, May Day Supplement May 2, 1992
- PWW May Day Supplement, May 6 1995, Page F.
- September 4, 1999, Labor Day Supplement of People's Weekly World, Page F
-  Metropolitan Detroit AFL-CIO Central Labor Council Endorses Conyers Single Payer Health Care, HR 676, PNHP website December 7, 2005, accessed June 1, 2010
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- Peoples World
- Peoples World, Angela Davis speaks to 2,000 at Michigan rally, by: Mark Walton, October 25 2012