Professor Martin Duberman of New York was a Distinguished Professor of History at Lehman College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York and the founder of the CUNY Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies. Duberman wrote "Left Out: The Politics of Exclusion— Essays 1964-1999" (NY, Basic Books, 1999).
Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner
On April 28, 1966 Martin Duberman was a sponsor of the Herbert Aptheker Testimonial Dinner. The dinner was held on the occasion of Herbert Aptheker's 50th birthday, the publication of his 20th book, and the 2nd anniversary of the American Institute for Marxist Studies. It was held in the Sutton Ballroom, The New York Hilton, Avenue of the Americas, 53rd to 54th Street, New York City. Most speakers, organizers and sponsors were known members or supporters of the Communist Party USA.
Individual endorsers of the event included Martin Duberman.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Martin Duberman, Distinguished Professor of History Emeritus, CUNY, New York signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
Campaign for Peace and Democracy
Left Forum 2011
- Amber Hollibaugh – Queers for Economic Justice, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- David McReynolds — Socialist Party USA
- Joseph Huff-Hannon — All Out
- Kenyon Farrow – Queers for Economic Justice
- Martin Duberman – Founder, Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies at the CUNY Graduate School
- DL Millenium issue, Part 2, 1999, page 24
- Dinner Program for the Herbert Aptheke Dinner, April 28, 1966
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran