DSA 2019 National Political Committee Candidates
Democratic Socialists of America 2019 National Political Committee Candidates
• Austin Gonzalez • Sauce • Theresa Alt • Sean Estelle • Daniel Merrill • Darby Thomas • Russell Weiss-Irwin • Michelle Bruder • Zac Echola • Jen Snyder • Jennifer Bolen • Blanca Estevez • Marsha Niemeijer • Marianela D'Aprile • Tawny Tidwell • Lloyd Goldsmith • Erika Paschold • Emily Cameron • Dan Quayle • Valerie Sinclair • Natalie Midiri • Ravi Ahmad Haque • Jose G. Perez • Tim Zhu • Rachel Zibrat • Abdullah Younus • Megan Svoboda • Maikiko James • Kristian Hernandez • David Pinkham • Hannah Allison • Jen McKinney • Austin Smith
Bread & Roses NPC slate
DSA Women's Caucus Facebook group
NYC DSA Red Diaper Baby Group
New New York DSA Facebook group
Socialist Feminists (DSA) Facebook page
DSA NPC meeting
Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee Minutes of Meeting of July 21-22, 2018.
Approved August 13, 2018. Present: Ravi Ahmad, Ajmal Alami (Young Democratic Socialists of America Coordinating Committee), Theresa Alt, Dele Balogun, Christian Bowe, Allie Cohn, Zac Echola, Michelle Fisher (Young Democratic Socialists of America Coordinating Committee), Lisa Flores (Administrative and Office Coordinator), Jeremy Gong, Ella Mahony, Chris Maisano, Natalie Midiri, Chris Riddiough, Frances Rizo (Parliamentarian), R.L. Stephens, Maria Svart (National Director). Present by phone: Catherine Hoffman. Absent and excused: Joseph Schwartz. Visiting: from the Steering Committee of the Democratic Socialist Labor Commission (DSLC): Francisco Cendejas, Spencer Cox, John Kaderbek, Marsha Niemeijer, John Pearson, Paul Prescod, Meredith Schafer, Kari Thompson, Annabel Vera; also Austin Binns, and DSA member from Washington: Aaron Marks, Annie Shields (The Nation), Melissa Woods, Paula Brantner (by phone).
Structure of DSLC
In 2019 the Democratic Socialist Labor Commission is headed by a nine-person elected Steering Committee. Members of the current Steering Committee are:
- Francisco Cendejas, Los Angeles, union staffer representing healthcare workers
- Spencer Cox, Seattle, unrepresented labor activist in the private logistics industry
- JP Kaderbek, Chicago, rank-and-file union member in the private sector
- Marsha Niemeijer, New York City, union staffer representing healthcare workers
- John Pearson, East Bay, rank-and-file union member in public sector healthcare
- Paul Prescod, Philadelphia, rank-and-file union member in public education
- Meredith Schafer, Metro DC & Northern Virginia, union researcher in building trades and transportation
- Kari Thompson, Pittsburgh, union staffer representing workers in Labor and Education
- Annabel Vera, Sacramento, rank-and-file union member in the public sector
At this time, the DSLC is further organized into five subcommittees: Education; Leadership Development; Mapping; Organizing the Unorganized; and Communications.