Marisol Ocampo Munoz Director of Partnerships, Beyond the Choir, has over 15 years of experience as a popular educator and community organizer in various grassroots organizations in Mexico and the United States. Marisol has trained thousands of people on campaign strategy, base-building, leadership development, direct action, fundamentals of organizing, and movement building. She has served as the lead trainer for The Praxis Project and The School of Unity and Liberation. As an organizer, Marisol has been involved in local and national campaigns on a range of issues including education justice, immigration rights, racial justice, privatization of public resources, and environmental justice.
"People Get Ready"
People Get Ready: A One-Day Convening on Beating the Right, Strengthening the Left, and Building Power.
- Opening plenary featuring Alicia Garza, with a special performance by Kiwi Illafonte
- Session 1: What’s Left?: Building Power after the Elections, speakers include Ash-Lee Henderson, Justin Charles, Ollie Vargas and Ejeris Dixon
- Session 2: If the Kids Are United: Building Power against the Far Right, with Tarso Ramos
- Session 3: Build it on up: Tools for the Fight, speakers include The Red Nation and Marisol Ocampo of LeftRoots
Out to Win!
Editors of Issue 1 of Out to Win! included:
Design: Josh Warren-White.
Study & Struggle
Catalyst Project "Study & Struggle" sessions range from small, intimate, study series, to public panel discussions and presentations. Past sessions have included:
Mexico: the Other Campaign, the Elections and the Repression A presentation by Mexico City based anti-imperialist organizer Marisol Ocampo who works with Committee Pedrogales. Co-hosted with the School of Unity and Liberation (SOUL) . 
Mapping Socialist Strategies
Mapping Socialist Strategies was convened from August 1-4 in Briarcliff Manor, NY, by the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung—New York Office. It brang together 100 influential progressives and leftists from across the United States, Canada, and Europe for an “un-conference” on socialist strategies.
Attendees included Marisol Ocampo Munoz.
Born and raised in Mexico City, Marisol has been involved in various grassroots leftist organizations in Mexico and the U.S. since the late 90's. Alongside her work at Praxis, she is currently an active member of LeftRoots, Black and Brown Latinas in Solidarity (BLIS), The School of Unity and Liberation (SOUL), and Calpulli Huey-Papalotl, where she supports the ongoing needs of political education, direct action and organizing skills curriculum development and popular education trainings. As a working class-queer-immigrant and single parent, Marisol has had deep and tangible experiences of oppression which, thanks to the amazing work of radical educators, organizers, healers and freedom-fighters of all times, have translated into a strong commitment to fighting for social justice locally with a global lens. As the Capacity Development and Training Manager, Marisol brings her years of experience and commitment to building healthy communities from the bottom up.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Beyond the Choir Staff
- Julia Berkman-Hill, Field Director, Lancaster Stands Up
- Eliza Booth, Community Outreach and Administrative Coordinator, Lancaster Stands Up
- Pam Campos-Palma, Director of Veteran Strategic Initiatives
- Jessica S. George, Operations Assistant
- Michelle Hines, Campaigns and Communications, Lancaster Stands Up
- Alexander McCoy, Communications Strategist
- Perry O’Brien, Director of Veteran Campaigns
- Marisol Ocampo, Director of Partnerships
- Jonathan Smucker, Co-founder and Executive Director
- Jose Vasquez, Training Director, Veterans Organizing Institute