No to the New Cold War
From their website as of July 25 2020: "This event will see some leading analysts from China, the US, Britain, India, Russia, Canada, Venezuela and Brazil come together to discuss how to counter the New Cold War."
"Radical Black Perspective"
Left Forum 2010 contained the following panel: "Radical Black Perspective Panel: Obama, the Crisis of Black Leadership and US Imperialism Running Amuck!"
- Nellie Bailey (Chair), Co-founder of Harlem Tenants Council and Harlem Anti-War Coalition
- Glen Ford, Executive Editor of Black Agenda Report
- Margaret Kimberley, Senior Editor of Black Agenda Report
- Jon Jeter, Journalist & former Bureau Chief for the Washington Post in southern Africa and South America. Author of Flat Broke in the Free Market: How Globalization Fleeced Working People.
"Solidarity in the Electoral Arena"
Left Forum 2011 took place March 18 - 20 at Pace University, New York City. The theme for the conference is "Towards a Politics of Solidarity".
Panels included "How to Achieve Solidarity in the Electoral Arena - A Debate:"
- Corinne Chen, Progressive Democrats of America
- Howie Hawkins, Green Party USA
- Margaret Kimberley, Black Agenda Report
- Ralph Poynter, Lynne Stewart Defense Committee
- Steve Cobble, Progressive Democrats of America
Right of Peoples to Self-Determination and Building a Multipolar World
"As US/NATO aggression towards Russia increases", five leaders from the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC) attended an antiwarconference in Moscow, Right of Peoples to Self-Determination and Building a Multipolar World. We were invited by the Anti-Globalization Movement of Russia. The five UNAC members who attended the conference were Margaret Kimberley of Black Agenda Report and the UNAC Administrative Committee; Joe Iosbaker of the Committee to Stop FBI Repression, the Rasmea Odeh defense campaign and the UNAC Administrative Committee; Bill Dores of the International Action Center: women's rights activist, Mo Hannah; and UNAC Co-Coordinator, Joe Lombardo.
The names and organizations of the people on the United National Antiwar Coalition administrative committee are below:
- Marilyn Levin - Co-coordinator New England United
- Joe Lombardo - Co-coordinator Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace
- Chris Gauvreau - Connecticut United for Peace
- Sara Flounders - International Action Center, Workers World Party
- Joe Iosbaker- Committee to Stop FBI Repression, Freedom Road Socialist Organization/FightBack!
- Margaret Kimberley - Black Agenda Report
- Judy Bello - Fellowship of Reconciliation, Upstate Coalition to Ground the Drones and End the Wars
- Bernadette Ellorin - BAYAN, USA, Workers World Party affiliate
- Representative Muslim Peace Coalition, USA
- Abayomi Azikiwe- Pan African News Wire, Michigan Emergency Committee Against War and Injustice, Workers World Party
- Jeff Mackler San Francisco UNA
Coordinating Committee of Hands Off Syria Coalition
- Bahman Azad, Executive Board Member and Organizational Secretary, U.S. Peace Council
- Mark Burton, Board Member, Alliance for Global Justice; Member of International Committee, National Lawyers Guild
- Dr. Issa Chaer, Board of Syria Solidarity Movement and Syrian Social Club, UK
- Gerry Condon, National Board Vice President, Veterans for Peace
- Sara Flounders, Co-Director, International Action Center
- Margaret Kimberley, Editor and Senior Columnist, Black Agenda Report
- Joe Lombardo, Co-Coordinator, United National Anti-War Coalition
Solidarity and Fightback Conference
290 anti-imperialist activists from 120 organizations and 21 countries attended the Solidarity and Fightback Conference sponsored by the International League for People’s Struggle - International Women’s Alliance Solidarity in Toronto August 4 - 7 2017. The conference theme was “Building Resistance to US-led War, Militarism and Neofascism.”
A sizable number of participants were young, energetic Filipinos from the anti-imperialist organizations Gabriela and Akbayan.
The conference was opened by a video messages of greetings and support from Jose Sison, chairman of the International League for People’s Struggle (ILPS) and Leila Khaled, Palestinian liberation icon and member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
Panels featuring leaders of struggles against U.S. imperialism from the Philippines, Middle East, Congo, Mexico, Pakistan and across the world described the struggles in their countries and their movements’ resistance to it.
Margaret Kimberley of Black Agenda Report spoke at length about the Black liberation struggle. She talked about the importance of the campaigns for community control of police in Chicago and Saint Petersburg, Florida.
Nerissa Allegretti, of the National Alliance for Filipino Concerns, said, “I had the opportunity to join the workshop on Militarism and Counterinsurgency and listened to speakers Sarah Martin, Bill Dores, Rania Masri, Potri Ranka Manis and Padi Rex. It gave me a sharp picture of how counterinsurgency has consistently been a tool of maintaining imperialism in many forms; FBI raids and targeting of anti-war activists, using religion to divide the people, criminalization of liberation movements, and rape and kidnapping.”
A march to the U.S. consulate was held on August 6, the anniversary of the day the U.S. dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Marchers chanted in Spanish, French, Tagalog and English. The march then went to and joined the public commemoration of that horrific war crime.
The last day of the conference, Wilmer Barrientos, the ambassador of Venezuela to Canada spoke. He debunked the widespread misinformation on the current political unrest in his country that is being propagated by Western media.
He went on to say, “What about Iraq, Syria and Libya? They [the U.S.] said, ‘Let’s liberate them.’ But do they live better than before? Many live on less than $1 a day. They want to impose this same intervention on Venezuela because we are a sovereign country that decides where our natural resources go.”
Coordinating Committee The Black Alliance for Peace, as of May 10 2018.
- Ajamu Baraka, National Organizer and National Spokesperson
- Jaribu Hill, Mississippi Workers Center for Human Rights
- Margaret Kimberley, Editor and Senior Columnist for Black Agenda Report, Member of Administration Committee for United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC)
- Kali Akuno, Co-Director, Cooperation Jackson
- Reverend Lukata Agyei Mjumbe, First Presbyterian Church of Irvington, NJ; Coordinator of Black Organizers Project, the Praxis Project
- Ana Edwards, Virginia Defenders for Freedom, Justice & Equality
- Yolande Tomlinson, Ph.D., Co-Founder and Director of Education and Applied Intersectionality, Organization for Human Rights and Democracy (OHRD)
- Lamont Lilly, activist, community organizer and people's journalist
- https://web.archive.org/web/20200716031633/http://www.nocoldwar.org/ (accessed July 25 2020)
- [ http://nepajac.org/rusrpt1.html, Report on UNAC's trip to Russia Joe Lombardo]
- [Chttps://www.unacpeace.org/about.html, UNAC administrative committee]
- Off Syria Coalition about, accessed December 15, 2016
- FB News Anti-imperialists meet in Canada By staff | August 10, 2017