Template:TOCnestleft Local Progress is led by an advisory board of elected officials from Baltimore, Chicago, Culver City (CA), Denver (CO), New York, Philadelphia, Richmond (CA), Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, and by leaders of SEIU International, the Center for Popular Democracy, and the AFL-CIO.
Local Progress Board Members
Local Progress Board members, As of August 10, 2018:
- David Alvarez, San Diego, CA
- LaToya Cantrell, New Orleans, LA
- Gregorio Casar, Austin, TX
- Helen Gym (Vice-Chair), Philadelphia, PA
- Megan Ellyia Green, St. Louis, MO
- Bill Henry, Baltimore, MD
- Robin Kniech, Denver, CO
- Brad Lander (Chair), New York, NY
- Marcelia Nicholson, Milwaukee, WI
- Meghan Sahli-Wells, Culver City, CA
- Andrew Friedman, Center for Popular Democracy
- Tefere Gebre, AFL-CIO
- Bob Master, CWA
- Becky Wasserman, SEIU International
Regina Romero July 16, 2018 ·
As of August 2018:
- Sarah Johnson, Local Progress Director, Center for Popular Democracy
- Tarsi Dunlop, Local Progress Policy and Program Manager, Center for Popular Democracy
- Danielle Adams, Local Progress Southern Regional Coordinator, Center for Popular Democracy
- Chad Radock, Local Progress New York State Coordinator, Center for Popular Democracy
- Silvia Fabela, Local Progress Campaigns Director, Center for Popular Democracy
- Asya Pikovsky, Communications Manager, Center for Popular Democracy
- Ari Schwartz, Local Progress Campaign Organizer, Center for Popular Democracy
- Francesca Menes, Local Progress Florida State Coordinator, Center for Popular Democracy
- Mercedes Fulbright, Local Progress Texas State Coordinator, Center for Popular Democracy
- Ivan Luevanos-Elms, Organizing Director, Local Progress
- Andrew Friedman, Co-Executive Director, Center for Popular Democracy
- Ady Barkan, Strategic Advisor, Local Progress, Center for Popular Democracy
Local Progress NY
The network is open to any member who identifies with the Local Progress NY Statement of Values and wants to work with progressive colleagues to build power. There is currently no membership fee or other membership requirement.
Our organizing committee members: Dorcey Applyrs, Albany Common Council Member; Catherine Borgia, Majority Leader, Westchester County Legislature; Valerie Cartright, Brookhaven Town Council Member; Molly Clifford, Rochester City Council Member; Anna Kelles, Tompkins County Legislature; Jennifer Mecozzi, Buffalo City School Board Member; Karen Mejia, Newburgh City Council Member; Carmen Pineyro, Freeport Village Trustee; Brian Pugh, Mayor Elect, Village of Croton-on-Hudson; Kari Reiser, Dutchess County Legislature; and Thomas Roach, White Plains Mayor.
POWER to the People's Convention
Eric Mar July 10, 2016.
POWER to the People's Convention in Pittsburgh! An INSPIRED thank you to the Center for Popular Democracy/Local Progress, Make the Road, WORKING FAMILIES PARTY!, Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE), SEIU 32BJ, and so many others! — with Brad Lander, Helen Gym, Nikki Fortunato Bas, John Avalos, Tarsi Dunlop, Sarah Johnson and Ady Barkan at Center for Popular Democracy.
Center for Popular Democracy would like to thank everyone who made October’s 2016 joint CPD-ACCE gala a huge success! Over 175 guests packed the room at Impact Hub in Oakland to support CPD and ACCE and to celebrate this year’s inspiring honorees: Laphonza Butler, president of SEIU Local 2015, Guillermo Mayer, president and CEO of Public Advocates, and John Avalos, San Francisco District 11 board of supervisors members and Local Progress board chair.
We would like to give a special shout out to our major sponsors, CFT, Josh Pesdchtalt, SEIU Local 2015, SEIU International, Susan Sandler and Steve Phillips, Rigo Valdez of UFCW 770, and the San Francisco Foundation. Your support ensures that the values of equity, opportunity and a dynamic democracy become national priorities.
Local Progress training
Tomas Kennedy July 21:
Defending local democracy panel with Local Progress, Campaign to Defend Local Solutions and Florida Immigrant Coalition. — attending Orlando Activist Training on Local Democracy with Jorge Mendoza, Stephanie Porta, Marcus L. Dixon, Francesca Menes and Mel Lopez at Orlando Public Library.
- [https://populardemocracy.org/blog/rising-together-oakland-california11/7/2016 Rising Together in Oakland, California]