La Casa de Amistad
Board of Directors
La Casa de Amistad Board of Directors, as of June 2019:
- Felix Bueno, Jr. President
- Tammy Bell Vice President
- Molly Buser Treasurer
- Cindy Santana Secretary
- Janine Felder-Kahn
- Rudy Monterrosa
- Braulio Rivero
- Marisel Moreno Anderson
- Whitney Nickle
- Katy Lichon
- Craig Kilgore
- Gloria Janowsky
- John Garry
- Guadalupe Gomez
La Casa de Amistad staff, as f June 2019:
- Sam Centellas Executive Director
- Humberto Delgado Assistant E.D. & Youth Coordinator
- Jherlly Acosta Front Desk and Immigration Assistant
Juan Ramos Financial Manager
- Nanci Flores Citizenship & Immigration Coordinator
- Ellen Ogle DOJ Accredited Immigration Counselor
- Rubi Astello DOJ Accredited Immigration Counselor
- Juan Constantino Development Coordinator
- Dalila Huerta Education & Community Programs Coord.
- Jurek Shultz Food Pantry and Building Manager
- Ana Aleman Yo Puedo Leer Instructor
- Monica Diaz Computer Instructor
- Terry Wilkinson Citizenship ELL Instructor
- Felix Marquez ELL Coordinator
- Maria Garcia Spanish Citizenship Class Instructor Instructor
- Isela Hernandez Strengthening Families Instructor **Felipa Rangel Building and Support Staff
Kent Staters meet Buttigieg
La Casa de Amistad March 28 2019·
This week Kent State University students dedicated their Spring Break to doing service at La Casa de Amistad and on the West Side of South Bend. From a neighborhood cleanup, to working in our pantry, and even doing work at the 2910 West Side SB office, we can't thank them enough for their time.
Visit from Mayor Pete
"No human being is illegal"
La Casa de Amistad August 14, 2017 ·
South Bend Community Resident Card
On January 3rd, 2017 La Casa de Amistad began taking appointments to provide the new South Bend Community Resident Card (SB ID).
La Casa de Amistad partnered with SF Global, LLC to create the verification system for the ID Cards. SF Global is managing municipal IDs for several cities around the country, including Oakland, CA, Richmond, CA and Detroit, MI.
- We are working with South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, South Bend Common Council, and local businesses as partners in providing support to vulnerable populations that have difficulty obtaining photo identification. We are still looking for local businesses who will accept the SB ID as photo identification.
FIVE MYTHS ABOUT IMMIGRATION AND WHY WE NEED DEFERRED ACTION FOR THE PARENTS OF AMERICANS (DAPA)
Preview of the acclaimed film, The Hand that Feeds.
Panel discussion featuring
- Pete Buttigieg, Mayor of South Bend
- Sam Centellas, Director of La Casa de Amistad
- Tony Flora, VP Indiana AFL-CIO
- Fred Everett, Diocese of Fort Wayne/South Bend
Question and answer period moderated by
WHEN: Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: St. Joseph County Public Library Humphreys Room 304 South Main Street, South Bend