Julie Ann Nitsch
Julie Ann Nitsch is a member of the Austin, Texas branch of the Democratic Socialists of America. She was endorsed by the Austin Democratic Socialists of America. On November 6 2018, Julie Ann Nitsch was re-elected as Austin Community College Trustee.
- "I am devoted to fighting for equality and democracy, the cornerstones of American ideals. I am an active member of the Austin Democratic Socialists of America, a group that supports progressive causes spanning environmental, social, and economic issues."
Austin Bernie supporters
Standing Rock protest
Nikki Reese November 17, 2016 ·
In a remarkable, unexpected down-ballot election victory in Austin, Texas, DSA member and Sanders campaign activist Julie Ann Nitsch won her runoff for Austin Community College (ACC) Board of Trustees on December 13th.
In the general election on November 8th, Nitsch delivered a strong second place finish with over 34% in a four-way race, while Sosa took just over 40%. With no candidate receiving over 50% of the vote, the race went into a runoff election on December 13th. The 5-week period between these dates gave the Nitsch campaign a renewed path to victory. Our Revolution hosted statewide and out-of-state phone banks to get out the vote for Nitsch, their only endorsed candidate in a runoff.
DSA on a roll
Parker is now the thirteenth DSA member holding elected office in the country. With his victory, Parker joins a list that includes Carlos Rosa, Chicago’s 35th Ward Alderman, Mike Sylvester, of the Maine House of Representatives, and Julie Ann Nitsch, Austin Community College Board of Trustee in Texas.
“DSA is very excited about our own member Dylan Parker being elected Alderman of Rock Island, Illinois” DSA National Director Maria Svart Said. “You can now find DSA chapters in nearly every state in the union, and our public electoral activity and success can only grow from here.” In addition, DSA hopes that Khalid Kamau, a member running for city council in South Fulton, GA, will win the next DSA electoral victory on Tuesday, April 18th.
Austin Democratic Socialists of America members who endorsed Danny Fetonte when he ran for DSA NPC in 2017 included Liz Garcia, Chau Ngo, Jim Tourtelott, Bobbie Tsukahara, Nikki Reese, Julie Ann Nitsch, Taylor Jones, Seth Hutchinson, Jacob Aronowitz, James Cole, Gil Starkey, Barbara Fetonte, Mickey Fetonte, Bob Gibbons, Ron Nelson, Ahmed Abdel-Meguid, Yolanda Delgado, Priscilla Echegaray, Sophia Donnelly, Roy Woody, Susanna Woody, Liliana Mendoza, Chris Wang, Colin Gray, Omar Kadir, Molly Middleton, Derek Brozowski, Guilherme Nettesheim, Steve Voytowich, Chance Walker, Mike Gross, Rachel Castignoli, Bob Gibbons, Cynthia Mancha – Austin.
Left Up To US Closed Facebook group
Our Revolution Central Texas
Our Revolution Central Texas at the 1st OR State Convention. — with Xaq Webb, Fletcher Lenz, Mike Lewis, Haley Mack, Morgen Cuming, Roy Woody, Kenith Gonzalez, Chau Lan Ngo, Mickey Fetonte, Julie Ann Nitsch, Steve Voytowich, Claudia Corum, Susanna Woody, Claudia Corum, Hatem Natsheh, Ron Coldiron and Jim Tourtelott.
- Support DSA Delegates at the DNC
- [http://www.dsausa.org/down_ballot_victory_for_dsa_member_in_austin_texas_dl DL Down-Ballot Victory for DSA Member in Austin, Texas Posted by Democratic Socialists of America on 01.16.17]
- Democratic Socialists of America hits 20,000 members same day as DSA Member Elected to Rock Island, IL City Council, April 5, 2017 dsabuffalony, David Duhalde, Deputy Director, Democratic Socialists of America
- [https://www.facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]