- 1 Campaign manager
- 2 Young Communist League
- 3 Latinos for Peace
- 4 YAYA
- 5 Central Florida Jobs with Justice Executive Board
- 6 Communist Party speaker
- 7 Cuba delegation
- 8 African American Equality Commission
- 9 What's race got to do with it?
- 10 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 11 Beyond Shell Shock
- 12 New member phone bank
- 13 CPUSA Environmental Action
- 14 CPUSA Florida District Forum
- 15 National Party Building Conference
- 16 References
Josh Leclair has worked as a motorcycle mechanic and an organizer for a public sector union in Florida. He is currently active in Central Florida's labor and progressive movements, and is the District Organizer of Florida for the Communist Party USA. Leclair grew up in New Smyrna Beach, FL and now resides in Orlando.
Josh Leclair. Organizer at Longview Publishing.
Orlando, Florida AreaHe is married to Yennifer Mateo Castillo.
Member Representative - Elementary Schools for Volusia United Educators.
In 2020 Josh Leclair was campaign manager for Volusia County Council candidate Gary Conroy.
Young Communist League
In 2005 Josh Leclair was an Orlando Florida member of the Young Communist League USA. The Orlando, YCLUSA club was five strong members and members were active in local chapters of the ACLU, NION, Amnesty International and ACORN.
Latinos for Peace
On October 31 2009, Latinos For Peace issued a statement calling for “no escalation of the war in Afghanistan and for expedited withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and Afghanistan as well as an end to the coup government in Honduras”.
More than 100 activists endorsed the call, including Josh Leclair, Orlando, FL.
According to Shelby Radcliffe of Orlando YAYA, on Sunday December 9th, 2012, thirty-five members of the Orlando community convened outside the Wawa station at 7030 South Orange Blossom Trail around 1 p.m to hold a rally organized by Orlando YAYA which takes action to support farm workers and farm worker organizations. The rally was held after repeated efforts made by YAYA members and supporters to meet with Wawa Regional Manager Charlene Marko-Heim went unaddressed. YAYA would like to meet with Wawa management to discuss Wawa’s role in the tobacco supply chain, and their accountability to their consumers to ensure that the company is taking all necessary action to hold RJ Reynolds responsible for their treatment of tobacco pickers
Outside, the demonstration was painted with posters in the shape of leaves and short, powerful messages painted on them made by YAYA members. FLOC provided the rally with black and red flags that read “HASTA LA VICTORIA” and a banner that read, “Wawa consumers demand human rights for farmworkers,” which was held up by James Quill and Jonathon Alingu. When traffic would slow down at the intersection, people would run out in the street to hand out flyers to drivers and passengers. Josh Leclair stood at the entrance and exit of the Wawa to hand out flyers there and talk to customers. On the sidewalk, Nicole Godreau, YAYA Orlando president Emily Helm, and Curtis Hierro led chants and everyone sang along with passion.
Central Florida Jobs with Justice Executive Board
- Eric Clinton, Labor Co-chair
- Jonathan Alingu , Community Co-Chair
- Sheena Rolle , Treasurer
- Saqueena Callender , Secretary
- Josh Leclair , Trustee
Communist Party speaker
- Josh Leclair is the District Organizer for the Florida Communist Party. Prior to his current position he served as the Florida AFL-CIO State-wide Community Organizer and worked as an organizer for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Council 79. Josh also serves on the executive boards of the Florida AFL-CIO and the Central Florida Jobs with Justice.
A delegation from the Communist Party USA visited Cuba. On Feb. 27 2015, the delegation we stopped by the the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples to discuss building friendship, cooperation and people to people exchanges in light of the Dec. 17 announcement to reestablish diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Cuba.
Among those who warmly greeted the delegates were Fernando Gonzalez, one of the Cuban 5 who was imprisoned in the U.S. in 1998 as part of a mission to monitor right-wing Cuban terrorist activities in Miami being directed against Cuba.
- We found Gonzalez warm, gracious and eager to speak about exploring ways to build friendship with the U.S. people. He also shared stories about his time in U.S. prisons, the people he met and the extraordinary solidarity he and the Cuban 5 received over the years.
- "The most important thing to say, to express on my behalf, my family and relatives, is my deep gratitude to the CPUSA because of the years of participation in the struggle, the solidarity you accorded us during the time we were in prison and for our liberation.
- "You were side by side with us. Even when things look dark, there's always a bright side. No one wants that experience (of imprisonment). It gave us the chance to experience the best of the U.S. people and those we worked with for many years, side by side in that fight."
- "Your participation during the campaign for our release, the information you shared, your ideological guidance and understanding of the reality in Cuba and social conflict in the U.S., what is really happening - that is why we are so appreciative.
- "During the second round of negotiations between the U.S. and Cuba we haven't made any concessions. And with the return of all the Cuban Five it was a great victory for the Cuban people and all friends in the U.S. who have participated in struggle and for friendship between our countries.
- "The struggle for the freedom of the Cuban 5 occupied a big part of the solidarity campaign. But now we hope people will continue to mobilize in the new context, of the process toward normalization of relations. The reality is the economic blockade still exists and the U.S. government still plans to subvert the revolutionary process here. President Obama said the goal is right, but the U.S. needs to change how it achieves the goal. It's important for people to be clear about what is happening.
"Keep the solidarity movement going in the fight to lift the blockade. Please extend our deepest gratitude to all."
African American Equality Commission
In July 2015, Members of African American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group included Josh Leclair.
- Closed working group for the African American Equality Commission of the CP USA. This is a space for members of the commission to brainstorm, communicate, and work through ideas between official meetings.
What's race got to do with it?
"What's race got to do with it? Class, ethnicity and conflict in an evolving U.S. nation"
Sunday 15 February 2015, 20:00, Organized by : Communist Party USA
- Join us for a Sunday evening discussion of Lenin's analysis of nations and national oppression and their applicability to 21st century America. Joe Sims will facilitate.
Those indicating they would attend on Wherevent include Dee Myles, Casey Doyle, Michelle Kern, Keri Rautenkranz Barbara Russum, Christian L. Wade, Athena Matyear, Emily Nashoba Dykes, Abby Liz, Betty Smith, Kelly Sinclair, Kathleen Casey, Chris Reynolds, Charles Brown, Josh Leclair, Roberto J. Mercado, Emile Schepers, Christopher D. Sims, Abdol H. Banaei, Zachary Clereigh, David Bender, Earchiel Johnson, Dan Power, Ahmad Budi, Adam R. Raven, Kyle Ritzinger, John Milam, Estevan Nembhard, Adrian Felty Ken Heard, Jordan Stepleton, Badreldin Elfaisal, Daniel Sankey, Hasan İncedere, Armando Ramirez, Chris Elliott, Larry Burks II . 
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Josh Leclair .
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
Those invited included Josh Leclair .
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Josh Leclair.
CPUSA Environmental Action
CPUSA Environmental Action is a Facebook closed group. It is "a meeting place for members and friends of the Communist Party USA to discuss environmental issues (especially climate change), share information, and coordinate activities".
As of June 21, 2017 members included Josh Leclair;
CPUSA Florida District Forum
- This is the OFFICIAL discussion forum for members of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), District of Florida.
- Josh Leclair
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those invited on Facebook included Josh Leclair.
- PW bio, accessed September 8, 2011
- [http://nfwm-yaya.org/2012/12/yaya-rally-at-wawa/, YAYA Rally at Wawa Posted on December 11, 2012 by YAYA Admin]
- http://www.cfjwj.org/who.html, Central Florida Jobs with Justice website, accessed Jan. 10, 2013]
- Speak Progress, Speakers page
- [ http://peoplesworld.org/former-cuban-five-prisoner-seeks-friendship-with-u-s/PW, Former Cuban Five prisoner seeks friendship with U.S. by: John Bachtell March 13 2015]
- American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group. accessed July 10, 2015