Supported Communist Party call
Communist Party's May Day Salute
In 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper People's Weekly World, published a "May Day salute" to the "heroes in the class war zone". More than 100 unionists/activists endorsed the call, mostly known affiliates, or members of the Communist Party.
Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Joseph Henderson, Baltimore, was on the list.
Anti Bush statement
In May 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper Peoples Weekly World published a May Day supplement. Included was an anti Bush/Quayle statement signed by several Maryland supporters of the party, including Joseph Henderson.
- [Baltimore Sun. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-08-27/news/1991239117_1_communist-party-soviet-union-socialist Gorbachev threatens to resign Local Communists facing a 'new era' August 27, 1991|By Norris P. West | Norris P. West,Evening Sun Staff]
- PWW, May Day Supplement May 2, 1992
- People's Weekly World May 6 1995 p 2
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- PWW May Day supplement May 2, 1992