John Wojcik started as labor editor of the Communist Party USA paper People's Weekly World in May, 2007 after working as a union meat cutter in northern New Jersey. There he served as a shop steward, as a member of a UFCW contract negotiating committee, and as an activist in the union's campaign to win public support for Wal-Mart workers. In the 1970s and '80s he was a political action reporter for the Daily World, PWW's predecessor, and active in electoral politics in Brooklyn, New York.
"Confronting the Covid Economy—Women Fight Back"
On Sunday, May 2 2021, at 7 pm Eastern / 6 pm Central / 5 pm Mountain / 4 pm Pacific, join an online People’s World / International Labor Communications Association town hall: “Confronting the Covid Economy: Women Fight Back.”
Speakers: Carmella Carothers – Shop Steward & Membership Assistance Program, UNITE HERE Local 1, Haley Carrera – Community Organizer, Phoenix, Ariz., Carol Rosenblatt – Retired Executive Director, Coalition of Labor Union Women, Erica Smiley – Executive Director, Jobs with Justice.
John Bachtell December 3, 2018 ·
People's World staff and writers won 14 awards from the International Labor Communicators Association in 2018 for outstanding labor journalism. — with Earchiel Lee Johnson, Blake X, Chauncey K. Robinson, Roberta Wood, Melissa Parks, John Wojcik, Barbara Russum, Michelle Zacarias, C.J. Atkins and Al Neal, Mark Gruenberg at Polish Highlander Alliance of North America.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, John Wojcik, was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood - Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
Working Class Media & Democracy' forum, 2013
The MO/KS People’s World (www.peoplesworld.org) hosted the 10th Annual ‘Working Class Media & Democracy’ forum on Saturday, December 7th, 2013.
This year’s Media Forum will be a panel discussion featuring:
- Tim Rowden, St. Louis Labor Tribune reporter and associate editor
- Pamela Merrit, Progress Missouri communications director, blogger at Angry Black Bitch, and former Statewide E-Organizer for Planned Parenthood Affiliate of Missouri
- Rasheen Aldridge, STL Can’t Survive on $7.35 activist and organizer
- John Wojcik, People’s World labor editor and International Labor Communications Association vice president
Communist Party speaker
- John Wojcik started as labor editor of the People’s World in May, 2007 after working as a union meat cutter in northern New Jersey. There he served as a shop steward, as a member of a United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) union contract negotiating committee. At their most recent convention, Wojcik was elected as a vice president of the International Labor Communications Association, the professional organization of labor communicators in North America.
- In the 1970s and ’80s he was a political action reporter for the Daily World, the People’s World predecessor, and active in electoral politics in Brooklyn, New York. Along with being labor editor, Wojcik is a co-editor of peoplesworld.org.
Peoples World 2015
- Editorial Board Co-editors - Joe Sims, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano, John Wojcik
- Mundo Popular - Rossana Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor - John Wojcik
- Managing Editors - Barbara Russum, Blake Deppe
- Business Manager - Jenn Delgado
- Technology Coordinator - Earchiel Johnson
- Copy Editor - Eric Gordon
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those invited on Facebook included John Wojcik.
- FB friends page
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009
- PEace Economy Project, 10th Annual ‘Working Class Media & Democracy’ forum Posted on December 7, 2013 by peace
- Speak Progress, Speakers page
- PW contact, accessed October 2015