John Ratliff is a Florida/Massachusetts activist. He was political director of an SEIU local union in Miami, Florida, and relocated to Cambridge after his retirement in 2012. He is a graduate of Princeton University and Yale Law School. A Vietnam veteran and member of Veterans for Peace/ Smedley Butler Brigade, he is also a member of the coordinating committee of Massachusetts Senior Action's Cambridge branch and a steering committee member of Massachusetts Jobs with Justice. As Mass. Peace Action's economic justice coordinator he leads our coalition work with Raise Up Massachusetts and against the Trans Pacific Partnership. He is a member of the messaging committee and of our executive eommittee. John is the father of MIT freshman Daniel Bausher-Belton, who was an intern at Massachusetts Peace Action in summer 2013.
John Ratliff December 18, 2016 · Massachusetts Alliance for Retired Americans.
CoC NCC member
According to Boston Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism member Quentin Davis, Boston CCDS several years ago adopted a resolution to concentrate on healthcare reform. This led to a series of teach-ins starting in December 2010 sponsored by Boston CCDS as well as the Center for Marxist Education (CPUSA), Freedom Road Socialist Organization and Democratic Socialists of America.
Since December 2013, Greg King, John Ratliff, Sandy Eaton and Quentin Davis organized meetings of Health Justice for Boston, a project of Mass-Care, and began editing our monthly newsletter, with input from other activists. All chapter members have attended multiple meetings and almost all have contributed to the newsletter, especially Sandy, John and Quentin.
Peace Action lobbying
Six Massachusetts Peace Action leaders visited 9 Congressional offices in Washington June 23-24 to advocate for a nuclear deal with Iran, and for no U.S. miltary action in Iraq. They were John Ratliff, Alina Michelowicz, Shelagh Foreman, Rep. William Keating, Mike Pattberg, Cole Harrison, and Jeff Klein.
Massachusetts Peace Action board: Rosalie Anders, James Babson, Kinga Boratyn, Carol Coakley (vice chair), Shelagh Foreman, Bonnie Gorman, Burton Glass, So Yeon Jeong, Jeff Klein, John Maher, Eva Moseley, Guntram Mueler (chair), Prasannan Parthasarathi, John Ratliff, Pat Salomon, Dan Solomon. Ed Fund board: Christie Dennis, Eva Moseley, Gary Goldstein, Rosalie Anders (chair), Shelagh Foreman. Staff: Cole Harrison, executive director; Carol Coakley, ofice cordinator; Alina Michelewicz, campus organizer. Interns: Richard Reichman, Isabel Yu, Igor Bolshakov.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included John Ratliff.
- CoC National committee meeting, January 7-9, 1994, New York minutes
- Convention program, July 1996
- Mobilizer, Boston CCDS Fights for Healthcare Reform by Quentin Davis CCDS member, Boston August 2015
- Mass Peace Action, Summer 2014 page 3, Iran Peace Lobby Visits D.C
- Mass Peace Action, Summer 2014 page 6
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109