- 1 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 2 YDS contact
- 3 DSA
- 4 Portage DSA Members Forum
- 5 Portage County DSA
- 6 DSA Leaders
- 7 LGBTQ Non-Discrimination committee
- 8 Green Socialist Caucus
- 9 DSA Poor People's Caucus closed FB group
- 10 DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
- 11 Portage DSA- Medicare for All Group
- 12 Dank Meme Stash RESURRECTION
- 13 Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
- 14 DSA National Climate & Environmental Justice Working Group
- 15 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 16 Left Unity slate
- 17 References
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 John Hess, University of Massachusetts at Boston, MA signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
John Hess was, in 2016, a member of Democratic Socialists of America.
Portage DSA Members Forum
- John Hess
Portage County DSA
John Hess, was in January 2017, contact for Portage County Democratic Socialists of America Organizing Committee.
LGBTQ Non-Discrimination committee
Portage County Democratic Socialists of America March 5, 2017.
Our LGBTQ Non-Discrimination committee meeting today was informative and successful. Come to next Sunday's meeting to join us in taking action! Photo by Carlyle Addy. — with Gwen B. Fischer, Michael Pacifico, John Hess, Chloe Ewing-Tomaszewski and MJ Eckhouse.
Green Socialist Caucus
Democratic Socialists of America, Green Socialist Caucus members, as of June 28 2017, included John Hess.
DSA Poor People's Caucus closed FB group
DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
Portage DSA- Medicare for All Group
- John Hess, Teaching Assistant (TA) at Temple University
- Michael Pacifico, Historian, Yard Guru at Brownstones' Memories
- MJ Eckhouse, Intern at Equality Ohio
- Tyler Reed
- Ethan Luster
Dank Meme Stash RESURRECTION
Members of the Democratic Socialists of America Dank Meme Stash RESURRECTION closed Facebook group members, as of November 3, 2017 included John Hess.
Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
In March 2018 John Hess was involved with the Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee.
DSA National Climate & Environmental Justice Working Group
Members of the DSA National Climate & Environmental Justice Working Group closed FB page, as of April 26, 2018 included John Hess.
Socialist Majority Caucus
Left Unity slate
June 6 2019:
We are writing this letter to hopefully provide some useful context around the leadership elections for Philly DSA. We are a group of comrades who have a diverse set of experiences with other chapters who have moved to Philadelphia under the tenure of the current chapter leadership. We would like to share our perspective on what we see as a critical choice facing Philly DSA...
We believe that only a unified left can win the fight for socialism. Philly DSA cannot effectively contribute to this fight if it continues to hemorrhage talented organizers who aren’t willing to be unquestioning footsoldiers for Momentum’s narrow political vision. We specifically joined DSA because it was not a “line” organization in the style of Trostkyist or Leninist left groups, but rather, a big tent where people were able to work across difference and learn from each others’ political traditions. We want Philly DSA to win the same victories that other chapters have won nationally, and we believe that a change in leadership is the only way that this will happen.
We hope you consider voting for the Left Unity slate, which is full of talented and committed organizers with a diverse set of experiences and a vision for the local that aligns with what we consider the best aspects of DSA.
- Adam Schlesinger (formerly Bronx/Upper Manhattan Branch, New York City Democratic Socialists of America, currently running for national delegate on the *Left Unity Slate)
- Alison Macrina (formerly Houston Democratic Socialists of America)
- Karl-Rainer Blumenthal (formerly North Side Chicago Democratic Socialists of America)
- Cem Surmeli (formerly Orange County Democratic Socialists of America)
- Aditi Sherikar (formerly San Francisco Democratic Socialists of America)
- John Hess (formerly Formerly Portage County Democratic Socialists of America, currently running for national delegate on the Left Unity Slate)
- Sam Schwartz (formerly Boston Democratic Socialists of America)