- 1 No Cold War campaign
- 2 TEACH IN: US AGGRESSION ON CHINA: WHAT CAN WE DO
- 3 Chesa connection
- 4 National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
- 5 911 "Truther"
- 6 Travelling with CODEPINK's "Fallujah Aid" Contingent
- 7 Endorsed Marcy Winograd
- 8 Winograd team
- 9 Visiting Chavez
- 10 Sheinbaum fund raiser
- 11 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 12 "Your Son Deserved to Die"
- 13 Meeting Obama
- 14 Campaign for Peace and Democracy
- 15 Progressive Democrats of America
- 16 Rainforest Action Network
- 17 California Grayson return to Congress supporters
- 18 "The 99% Spring"
- 19 North Korea May 2015
- 20 People for Bernie
- 21 External links
- 22 References
Jodie Evans is a memberof the Board of Trustees of the Institute for Policy Studies, she has worked on behalf of community, social-justice, environmental, and political causes for more than thirty years. She co-founded CODEPINK and co-authored Stop the Next War Now.
She worked on the campaigns of California Governor Jerry Brown and served as his director of administration. Between 1985 and 1990, was a board member of the Women’s Campaign Fund and Women’s Political Committee. She ran Jerry Brown’s campaign for president in 1991. She serves on the boards of a dozen nonprofits including Rainforest Action Network, Dads and Daughters, Drug Policy Alliance, Bioneers, 826 LA, and the Circle of Life Foundation.
She was the wife of Max Palevsky until he died on May 5, 2010.
No Cold War campaign
- Jodie Evans CODEPINK
- Martin Jacques - author of "When China Rules the World"Kate Hudson CND
- Vijay Prasad Tricontinental Institute director
- Li Jingjing Chinese journalist
- Fiona Edwards No Cold War
- Andrew Murray Stop the War Coalition
- Anna Chen writer
- Ben Chacko Morning Star
TEACH IN: US AGGRESSION ON CHINA: WHAT CAN WE DO
December 6 @ 2020 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm. . In the face of growing, bipartisan US aggression on China, misinformation, racist narratives, and warmongering make it difficult to understand the situation clearly. It is the responsibility of all people who hope for a world without war, discrimination, and marginalization to understand the situation and do what we can to make a change. Join us for the second in a two-part teach in to hear from diverse voices from different sectors of society as we consider what actions we can take: What can we as organizers, activists, students, workers, do to push for deescalation and an end to this US-imposed new cold war?
- Sheila Xiao – Pivot to Peace
- Jodie Evans – CODEPINK
- Erik Sperling – Just Foreign Policy
- Tobita Chow – Justice is Global
- Charles Xu– Qiao Collective
- Molly Hurley– Beyond the Bomb
- WHAT: Meet & Greet Doyle Canning
- WHEN: 6:30 - 8:30 pm, Tuesday, February 25th
- WHERE: Noe Valley, San Francisco
National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
- ...we have assembled 100 notable Americans and 40 family members of those who died to sign this 9/11 Statement, which calls for immediate public attention to unanswered questions that suggest that people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.
Travelling with CODEPINK's "Fallujah Aid" Contingent
In December 2004, US Senators Barbara Boxer of California, Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Congressmen Dennis Kucinich of Ohio and Henry Waxman of California provided diplomatic courtesy letters to a contingent of anti-war groups and individuals desiring to Fallujah, Iraq. Among those travelling in the contingent were: Rosa Suarez del Solar and her husband Fernando Suarez del Solar; Jeffrey Ritterman, Physicians for Social Responsibility; Jodie Evans, co-founder of CodePink: Women for Peace; Medea Benjamin, co-founder of Global Exchange and CodePink; Hany Khalil, national organizer, United for Peace and Justice. The organizations sponsoring the tour were CodePink, Project Guerrero Azteca for peace, Global Exchange, the Middle East Children's Alliance, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Peace Action, United for Peace and Justice, and Voices in the Wilderness.
Fernando Suarez del Solar stated that had it not been for the help of the two congressmen, the tour would have not seen the light due to obstacles laid by the Pentagon. The contingent traveled from December 27, 2004 through January 8, 2005.
The contingent delivered $100,000 in cash and and $500,000 in humanitarian aid. At the time the diplomatic courtesy letters were issued, Medea Benjamin had stated that the aid was intended for families of the “other side” in Fallujah.
Endorsed Marcy Winograd
In 2006 Jodie Evans of CODEPINK was a National & State and a Peace & Social Justice Community endorser of Marcy Winograd of the Los Angeles Progressive Democrats of America in her unsuccessful primary bid for the Democratic Party nomination 26th Congressional District in California.
Bill Honigman June 10, 2014:
Sheinbaum fund raiser
Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey, the first Member of Congress to call on the President to bring our troops home, was be in Los Angeles on Saturday February 4th 2006, for a 'very exciting but critical fundraiser against the most well-known, well-financed challenger she's ever faced". woolsey was facing a primary challenge from a termed-out Assemblyman Joe Nation, a moderate Democrat who has been critical of her stand on the war and on bringing home our troops. He is raising money from people who have given money to Tom DeLay and Bush-Cheney and his legislative district covers 60+% of Congresswoman Woolsey's district. Congresswoman Woolsey is a "champion of equal rights, civil liberties, protecting the environment and fighting for single payer healthcare. Congresswoman Woolsey must be re-elected by the same victory margin she has had in the past to send a message to progressives everywhere that's it IS OK to be courageous, and to not back down on issues that matter."
The Host Committee for this fundraiser includes:
Ben Affleck; Ed Asner; Warren Beatty; Jodie Evans; James Cromwell; Matt Damon; Tom Hayden; Wendy Herzog; Mimi Kennedy; Norman Lear; Stephen Rohde; Susie Shannon; Stanley Sheinbaum & Betty Sheinbaum; Lorraine Sheinberg; Kathy Spillar; Gloria A. Totten; Peg Yorkin; Senator Barbara Boxer; Congressman Joe Baca; Congressman Xavier Becerra; Congresswoman Lois Capps; Congresswoman Jane Harman; Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald; Congresswoman Grace Napolitano; Congresswoman; Lucille Roybal-Allard; Congresswoman Linda Sanchez; Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez; Congressman Adam Schiff; Congresswoman Hilda Solis; Congresswoman Maxine Waters; Congresswoman Diane Watson; Senator Sheila Kuehl and Assemblywoman Karen Bass.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
"Your Son Deserved to Die"
In 2008, Evans took part in a CODEPINK barricade of the recruiting office in Berkeley, California. Debbie Lee, mother of Marc Alan Lee who was killed in action in August, 2006, was present on the scene, with her group Move America Forward. Debbie Lee states that Evans and fellow CODEPINK members taunted her, making light of her son's sacrifice and telling her:
- "Your son deserved to die in Iraq if he was stupid enough to go over there."
On October 15, 2009, Evans met with Barack Obama.
Campaign for Peace and Democracy
Progressive Democrats of America
Rainforest Action Network
California Grayson return to Congress supporters
Saturday, 12 November, 2011, a fundraiser was held for Alan Grayson, at 939 San Vicente Boulevard, Santa Monica.
Advertised attendees were Congressman Alan Grayson & AFL –CIO President Richard Trumka, Ed Asner, Michelle Phillips, John Heard, Elliot Gould, Ed Begley, Jr., Mike Farrell, Joan Smith and Kurtwood Smith, Jon Bauman, Eric Roberts, Earl Katz, Mimi Kennedy, Frances Fisher, Peter Coyote, Sara Nichols. Producers Norman Lear, Jeff Wald and Jordan Sommers, Stephen Nemeth , Naren Shankar and Cheri Shankar, Joel Diamond, Michael Butler, Jan Goodman and Jerry Manpearl, Lili Haydn, Vivek Maddela, Lila Garrett, Nina Merson, Jodie Evans, Teray Stephens, and educator Paul Cummins.
"The 99% Spring"
North Korea May 2015
Christine Ahn posted April 26, 2018 ·
With Meri Joyce, JT Takagi, Chung Hyun Kyung, Coleen Baik, Jean Chung, Kozue Akibayashi, Gay Dillingham, Erika Guevara Rosas, Lisa Natividad, Grace Grace Grace, Hye-Jung Park, Deann Borshay Liem, Medea Benjamin, Ann Wright, Abby Disney, Gwyn Kirk, Jane Jin Kaisen, M. Brinton Lykes, Jodie Evans and Una Kim.
Lisa Natividad One of my fondest memories of being in the DPRK!!!!!
Ann Wright What great memories from our May 2015 trip to North Korea!! I hope we can go again--although the Trump administration is denying our requests for the Special Validation Passports they now require!
People for Bernie
- 911 Truth statement
- Google cache of IslamOnline.net: Bereaved US Families Share Iraqis Agonies of War by Adam Wild Aba, Jan. 4, 2005. (accessed on Oct. 18, 2010), originally located here, and deleted in early October, 2010
- Big Peace: Rep. Waxman Spokeswoman: ‘We Do Not Know’ If We Aided Fallujah Terrorists with Code Pink Letter, Oct. 16, 2010 (accessed on Oct. 18, 2010)
- Endorsers of Winograd
- Progressive Talk, Posted on Friday, 3 February 2006 1:51:50 p.m. by angelsonmyside
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Big Peace: Code Pink Tells Gold Star Mom: Your Son Deserved to Die by Debbie Lee, Aug. 21, 2010 (accessed on Oct. 18, 2010)
- Rainforest Action Network website: Board of Directors (accessed on Oct. 18, 2010)
- LA Progressive, https://www.laprogressive.com/support-alan-grayson/Support Alan Grayson’s Return to Congress: Saturday, 12 November By Posted by Administrator]
- THE 99% Spring, Who are we/ accessed April 20, 2012