- 1 Feb. 2017 meeting
- 2 Austin DSA national conference delegate
- 3 Endorsing Fetonte
- 4 Our Revolution Central Texas
- 5 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 6 DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
- 7 Democrats with disabilities
- 8 Left Up To US Closed Facebook group
- 9 Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- 10 References
Feb. 2017 meeting
Austin Democratic Socialists of America. February 12 2017, at 11:01am · The agenda for this Thursday's meeting has been set, and remember, all are welcome: friends, neighbors, and kids! 🤝Introductions – Who we are – 10 minutes 🏳️🌈Regional Coordinator of Equality Texas, Robert Salcido – 15 minutes 🗣Q&A with Robert Salcido – 20 minutes 💾Tech Committee Report – 5 minutes ✊Linda Curtis on independent political action – 10 minutes 🔗Why non-state employees should take April 12th off to join TSEU’s March and Lobby Day – Danny Fetonte – 5 minutes 📝Organizing/Orientation Schools for new members – 5 minutes 🌹Socialist Feminist Fundraiser Report – 5 minutes 💸Divestment Legislation – Bernice Hecker – 5 minutes 📖Reading Group – Ron Nelson and Jim Tourtelott – 5 minutes 📯Announcements and General Welfare – 10 minutes The featured speaker for our next meeting on March 16th is Shadia Ajram – an Arab-American organizer who will discuss the challenges faced by Arab-American women and the resistance to Trump.
Austin DSA national conference delegate
Austin Democratic Socialists of America members who endorsed Danny Fetonte when he ran for DSA NPC in 2017 included Liz Garcia, Chau Ngo, Jim Tourtelott, Bobbie Tsukahara, Nikki Reese, Julie Ann Nitsch, Taylor Jones, Seth Hutchinson, Jacob Aronowitz, James Cole, Gil Starkey, Barbara Fetonte, Mickey Fetonte, Bob Gibbons, Ron Nelson, Ahmed Abdel-Meguid, Yolanda Delgado, Priscilla Echegaray, Sophia Donnelly, Roy Woody, Susanna Woody, Liliana Mendoza, Chris Wang, Colin Gray, Omar Kadir, Molly Middleton, Derek Brozowski, Guilherme Nettesheim, Steve Voytowich, Chance Walker, Mike Gross, Rachel Castignoli, Bob Gibbons, Cynthia Mancha – Austin.
Our Revolution Central Texas
Our Revolution - Central Texas at the 1st OR State Convention. — with Xaq Webb, Fletcher Lenz, Mike Lewis, Haley Mack, Morgen Cuming, Roy Woody, Kenith Gonzalez, Chau Lan Ngo, Mickey Fetonte, Julie Ann Nitsch, Steve Voytowich, Claudia Corum, Susanna Woody, Claudia Corum, Hatem Natsheh, Ron Coldiron and Jim Tourtelott.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
Democrats with disabilities
Mickey Fetonte March 11 2018:
Mickey with Joey Gidseg, Haley Mack, Jere Locke, Danny Saenz, Elizabeth Gray, Jim Tourtelott, Raquel Voytowich, Nick Voytowich, Brett Cotham, Susan Cotham, Suny Ader, Mary Ward, Judy Holloway, and Steve Voytowich. He is taking the picture at the first ever American with disabilities caucus for Travis County. — with JA Stroup at Manchaca Road Branch, Austin Public Library.
Left Up To US Closed Facebook group
Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
We Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a 2018 letter signed by several Democratic Socialists of America members mainly from the DSA North Star in response to attacks on Ocasio-Cortez over remarks she made on Palestine.
- A recent petition circulated by some DSA members criticizes Ocasio-Cortez for supporting a two state solution to the Palestine-Israel question and not aligning with a long list of demands regarding Palestine and Israel. Should Ocasio-Cortez fail to agree with this list of demands, the petitioners are calling for DSA to revoke her endorsement. These attacks on Ocasio-Cortez have come despite the fact that she has staked out positions which will make her one of the strongest advocates of Palestinian rights and self-determination in Congress.
- We stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The position she has taken on Israel and Palestine are principled stances, worthy of a democratic socialist, in its recognition of both Palestinian humanity and rights and Israeli humanity and rights. On this issue, as many, she will be a voice for the voiceless in Congress.
Signatures included Jim Tourtelott.
- Texas observer, Red Dawn: Socialist Group Sees Explosive Growth Ignited by Sanders, Trump
- [https://www.facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]