- 1 Puerto Rican mission in Havana
- 2 Grassroots Global Justice comrades
- 3 Steering Committee
- 4 Brazilian conference
- 5 Ella Baker Center
- 6 POWER
- 7 POWER Leaders
- 8 POWER people
- 9 Ear to the Ground Project
- 10 Sandra Moran tour
- 11 Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- 12 Comrades gather
- 13 Reclaiming Feminism at the Grassroots
- 14 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 15 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 16 LeftRoots
- 17 It Takes Roots
- 18 References
Jaron Browne is the Communications Organizer with Grassroots Global Justice Alliance. Before joining GGJ, Jaron was an organizer with POWER and Causa Justa/Just Cause for nearly 13 years, building the power of working class Black and Latino families in the Bay Area. As an organizer, Jaron helped to build POWER’s welfare worker organizing, Bayview Organizing Project, and the Black Priorities Project. Jaron co-authored POWER’s Towards Land, Work, and Power political economy primer for organizers, as well as coordinating a number of other publications and communications campaigns. Jaron was trained as an organizer with the Bus Riders Union in Los Angeles at the Labor/Community Strategy Center in 2001. Jaron has also been active in the movement to end mass incarceration, as well as LGBT social movements in the US. Jaron is located in Oakland, CA..
Puerto Rican mission in Havana
The #ItTakesRoots Cuba delegation visited the Puerto Rican mission in Havana for a conversation about the fight for the independence of the Puerto Rican people, the historical relationship between Cuba and Puerto Rico, Indigenous peoples in both countries, the US embargo, the continued impact that #HurricanMaria has on the island, #JustRecovery, about ways that we can work together, and more.
With Darryl E. Jordan, Chloe Sachine Sumi, Jaron Browne, Jacqueline Sirenita, Jihan Hafiz, Monica Atkins, Yuki Kidokoro, Shaun Grogan-Brown, Maria Irene Lopez, Cindy Wiesner, Basav Sen, Bineshi Albert, Jade Leah Daniels, Angela Adrar, Tom Goldtooth and Marion Gee.
Federation of Cuban Women
The #ItTakesRoots Cuba delegation visited the Federation of Cuban Women, to learn about the situation in Cuba & to exchange ideas. #GrassrootsFeminism — with Jaron Browne, Jihan Hafiz, Yuki Kidokoro, Shaun Grogan-Brown, Maria Irene Lopez, Cindy Wiesner, Bineshi Albert, Jade Leah Daniels, Angela Adrar and Marion Gee.
Grassroots Global Justice comrades
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance May 11 2019·
With Julien Terrell, Jose Bravo, Shaun Grogan-Brown, Oro Ana, Marcia Olivo, Jade Leah Daniels, Kelly Archbold, Jaron Browne, Kandi White, Cynthia Dewi Oka, Cindy Wiesner, Sunyoung Yang and Ajamu Dillahunt.
Climate Justice Alliance June 15 2019·
The members of the Climate Justice Alliance Steering Committee are currently meeting in Puerto Rico, to chart the course of CJA, to deepen our alignment, build community and to meet with frontline community groups, who are leading the #JustRecovery, and are building “local living economies” models focused on clean community energy, regional food systems, efficient, affordable, and durable housing, ecosystem restoration and stewardship. — with Lisa Abbott, Marion Gee, Aghilah Nadaraj, Jesus Vazquez Negron, Mateo Nube, Eddie Bautista, Elizabeth Yeampierre, Angela Adrar, Ice Cube, Anthony Rogers-Wright, Senowa Mize-Fox, Jayeesha Dutta, Maria Irene Lopez, Jose T. Bravo and Jaron Browne.Climate Justice Alliance April 2 ·2019·
The members of the badass Climate Justice Alliance Steering Committee are working together with love, with respect, with the humility that honors the ancestors, and they just got reinforcements!
We are excited to welcome five amazing new Climate Jedi Warriors: Jayeesha Dutta from Another Gulf Is Possible, Jesus Vazquez Negron of Organizacion Boricua de Agricultura Ecologica de Puerto Rico, Kirtrina Baxter of the Black Dirt Farm Collective, Maria Lopez-Nunez of the Ironbound Community Corporation and Sharon Lewis of the Connecticut Coalition for Environmental Justice joined the CJA Steering Committee Co-Chairs Elizabeth Yeampierre, the Executive Director of UpRose Bk and Mateo Nube the Co-Director of Movement Generation, as well as their fellow Steering Committee members Aghilah Nadaraj of the Kheprw Institute, Burt Lauderdale of Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, Darryl Molina Sarmiento of Communities For A Better Environment, Denise Blackburn Abdul-Rahman of the Indiana NAACP, Jaron Browne of Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, Miya Yoshitani of the Asian Pacific Environmental Network (APEN), and Tom Goldtooth of the Indigenous Environmental Network.
Ella Baker Center
In the early 2000s Jaron Brownedid organizing and campaign research against racism in the criminal justice system with the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights. Browne was trained as an organizer in Los Angeles at the Labor/Community Strategy Center operated National School for Strategic Organizing.
Circa 2005 Catalyst Project in San Francisco held a lecture"Towards Land, Work, and Power", a study with organizers from POWER [People Organized to Win Employment Rights] on their new book, Towards Land, Work, & Power, looking at the political economy of the Bay Area and building an anti-imperialist movement based in working class communities of color. Presenters included Jason Negron-Gonzales, Marisa Franco and Jaron Browne.
Jaron Browne joined the POWER staff in July of 2002. He is helping to build a powerful campaign for community-driven, accountable and sustainable development among low-income homeowners and public housing residents as a lead organizer in POWER's Bayview Organizing Project.
Jaron Browne is also an active member of POWER's leadership development projects and a co-author of Toward Land, Work, and Power with Steve Williams.
From Steve Williams: Over the years hundreds of people who have served on POWER’s staff, membership, leadership bodies, and Board of Directors. They are too many to mention by name, but I do want to extend special appreciations to Alicia Garza, Jaron Browne, Jason Negron-Gonzales, Marisa Franco, Aspen Dominguez, Cindy Wiesner, Ilana Berger, Nora Calderon, Larry Lattimore, Emma Harris, Gloria Esteva, Manuela Esteva, Donaji Lona, Juana Tello, Ernest Stokes, Beatriz Herrera, Karen Gibson, Lorren Dangerfield, Jesse Tello, Regina Douglas, Garth Ferguson, Brian Russell, Patty Snitzler, Thabiti Hayes, Khalil Abdul Samad, Jane Martin.
Gabriel Strachota April 12, 2013:
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Jaron Browne was among those on the list. 
Sandra Moran tour
Shaun Grogan-Brown June 5, 2014 ·
"We Feminists Say: This is my body, this is my land, this is my territory. And we defend our territory." - Sandra Moran, World March of Women leader on Grassroots Global Justice Alliance national tour June 18-July 3: Reclaming Feminisms at the Grassroots! #ReclaimFeminisms http://ggjalliance.org/ReclaimingFeminisms2014 — with Marjorie Childress, Monica Cordova, Lindsay Marisol Archuleta, Andrea Mercado, Maria Huerta de Reyes, Sandra Moran, Tammy Bang Luu, Andrea Plaza, Jaron Browne, Jessica O. Guerrero, Helena Wong, Claudia Reyes, Marcia Olivo, Maria Poblet, Monserrat A. Matehuala, Mei-ying Williams, Cindy Wiesner, FuerzaUnida Mujeres, Steve Williams, Rukiya Dillahunt and Denise Perry.
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- Cindy Wiesner - National Coordinator of Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, and Co-Chair of the Climate Justice Alliance (CJA) and the Our Power Campaign,
- Shaun Grogan-Brown- Development and Communications Coordinator
- Helena Wong - National Organizer
- Jaron Browne - Communications Organizer with Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
Reclaiming Feminism at the Grassroots
Kate Kanelstein May 1, 2016:
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Jaron Browne.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Jaron Browne .
It Takes Roots
Ananda Lee Tan August 19, 2018:
My amazing It Takes Roots team, gearing up to confront disaster capitalism, and champion community solutions to protect Mother Earth and all her peoples. Join us for Solidarity 2 Solutions week in San Francisco: Sept 8-14 — with Anamika Jain, Cindy Wiesner, Bineshi Albert, Zol Boo, Angela Adrar, Doria Robinson, Beatrice Camacho, Antonio Diaz, Alvina Wong, Tom Goldtooth, Heather Thiry, Kitzia Esteva, Marion Gee, Malcolm Torreoon Chu, Senowa Mize-Fox, Marco van Basten, Kitty Huddleston, Jaron Browne, Laura Navarro, Tere Almaguer, Pam Tau Lee, Chloe Sachine Sumi, Jacqueline Sirenita and Maya Bhardwaj in San Francisco, California.
- Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015
- Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109