Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Janet Quaife, Minnesota, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Janet Quaife, Minnesota CoC, St Paul endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Minnesota CoC editorial collective
Rejoining the party
In the summer of 1995 Doris Marquit and Erwin Marquit then went to Helvi Savola to tell her that they were rejoining the Communist Party USA. Shortly afterwards, Janet Quaife and Harry McAllister also rejoined the Party. The Independent Communists of Minnesota never met again.
The Party’s policy was to welcome back those who left, although one of the veteran Minnesota communists, Clara Jorgensen, from one of the former farm clubs denounced their readmission.
At the District Convention in 1996, Janet Quaife, Harry McAllister, Doris, and Erwin Marquit were elected to the DistrictCommittee. Helvi Savola still served as chair.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Janet Quaife, Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
Communist Party USA
Bill Comiskey, Carol Sorflaten, David Bednarczuk, Dean Gunderson, Doris Marquit, Erwin Marquit, Gerald Erickson, Gina Socha, Harry McAllister, Jane Thomson, Janet Quaife, Michael Wood, Mick Gardiner, Morgan Soderburg, Mostafa Chat, Peter Molenaar, Robert Lippert, Salam Bushra.
- Addendum to Initiative document
- CCDS Background
- [http://www.nathannewman.org/EDIN/.left/CoC/.conference/.election.html, Committees of Correspondence Conference, July 19,1992 Final Corrections to the Balloting Committee Report by Steve Willett]
- The need for a new Marxist organization by the Minnesota Committee of Correspondence
- [ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~marqu002/Chap33.pdf CHAPTER 33. Mostly Unimpeded Academic, Political, and Ideological Activities, 1985−2000 Doris and I rejoin the CPUSA in the summer of 1995]
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006