Jan Gilbrecht ...worked at Bernie Sanders for President.
Line of March
In 1982 the Committee for Justice for Domingo and Viernes sponsored a six city tour. Speakers were Terri Mast, David Della, Cindy Domingo, Rene Cruz, Leni Marin of Committee for Justice for Domingo and Viernes and Jan Gilbrecht ILWU), embarked on a speaking tour to publicize the murders of Gene Viernes, and Silme Domingo.
Institute for Social and Economic Studies/CrossRoads
In the mid 1990s Jan Gilbrecht servedon the Board of Directors of Oakland based Institute for Social and Economic Studies- sponsor of CrossRoads magazine, which sought to promote dialogue and building new alliances among progressives and leftists... and to bring diverse Marxist and socialist traditions to bear while exploring new strategies and directions for the progressive political movements.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992, Jan Gilbrecht, union rep, Bay Area, California, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Globalization What are the implications for labor and the left of the scientific and technological revolution and globalization of capital and labor?
- Jan Gilbrecht, Representative, California Nurses Association, Oakland
- Gerald Horne, Professor, UC Berkeley, Dept. of Geography
- Mel Pritchard, activist, International Brotherhood of Teamsters, San Francisco
- Mike Eisenscher, former Silicon Valley union organizer, SF
- Clark Everling, Professor, Empire State Labor College, NY
- Maria Pizarro, Chicago
- Carol Pittman, organizer, Local 1199, NY
Center for Political Education
In 1998 Jan Gilbrecht, labor activist and union staffer, gave a talk entitled "Union Democracy". The talk was sponsored by the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism linked organization, the Center for Political Education.
- LOM March/April 1981 page 45]
- Crossroads March 1996
- CCDS Background
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- Center for Political Education website: Past Classes (1998 - 2007)