Irving Stolberg was a prominent member of the Connecticut State Legislature and for several years Speaker of this body.
World Peace Council
Attendees included Katherine Camp, International President of the Women's International League for Peace & Freedom, Rep. Ron Dellums, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers president William Winpisinger, Edith Villastrigo, legislative director of Women Strike for Peace, Connecticut State Representative Irving Stolberg and Illinois State Representative Peggy Martin Smith.
US Peace Council
- Mark Shanahan, CNFMP
- Sarah Staggs, Chicago Peace Council
- Rep. Irving Stolberg, Connecticut
- David Cortright, SANE
- Rev. William Hogan, Clergy and Laity Concerned
- Terry Provance, AFSC
- Michael Myerson, executive director - a long-time functionary of the New York State Communist Party USA.
- Erica Foldy, CNFMP
- Frank Chapman, AFSC
- Archie Singham, The Nation, editorial board
- Betsy Sweet, WILPF
- Rep. Saundra Graham, Massachusetts
- Miriam Friedlander and Gilberto Gerena-Valentin, New York City Council members
- Edwin Vargas, Jr., vice president, Connecticut Federation of Teachers, Hartford, Connecticut
- Information Digest Vol XI #4 2/24/78, pp.62-65
- War Called Peace