Howie Hawkins (born 1952) is an American politician and activist with the Green Party USA and Socialist Party USA. He co-founded the anti-nuclear Clamshell Alliance in 1976 and the Green Party in the United States in 1984.
People's Progressive Convention
Endorsers included Howie Hawkins - Green Party USA.
In 1992 Howie Hawkins, Left Green Network, Syracuse Greens, and coordinating committee of Green Party USA contributed an article "Independent politics" to the April 1992 joint Forward Motion/CrossRoads issue.
Howie Hawkins, Zack Exley of New Organizing Institute and Chris Gavreau, co-founder, Labor Party were speakers on the What would a Serious Left Electoral Program Be? panel at the Left Forum. The forum was held March 9 - 11, 2007 at Cooper Union College, New York City.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
In 2008 Howie Hawkins, Candidate for U.S. Senate, Green Party, Syracuse, NY signed a statement circulated by the Partisan Defense Committee calling for the release of convicted “cop-killer” Mumia Abu-Jamal.
Campaign for Peace and Democracy
"Solidarity in the Electoral Arena"
Left Forum 2011 took place March 18 - 20 at Pace University, New York City. The theme for the conference is "Towards a Politics of Solidarity".
Panels included "How to Achieve Solidarity in the Electoral Arena - A Debate:"
- Corinne Chen, Progressive Democrats of America
- Howie Hawkins, Green Party USA
- Margaret Kimberley, Black Agenda Report
- Ralph Poynter, Lynne Stewart Defense Committee
- Steve Cobble, Progressive Democrats of America
- NYC Socialist Party, A Conversation with Howie Hawkins, July 9, 2010
- Hawkins for Auditor, Statement of Solidarity and Support
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Signers of Campaign to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, Now