Institute for Policy Studies
Letter to Presidents Clinton and Samper
It called on the US to "cut off all aid to Colombia until the violence has ended", and called for the appointment of a UN Rapporteur on human rights in Colombia.
- Richard Phelps, Dane County executive
- Tammy Baldwin, Wisconsin State Rep.
- Noam Chomsky
- Roy Bourgeois, School of the Americas Watch
- Blase Bonpane, Office of the Americas
- Larry Birns, Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Martin Sheen
- Jean Gore, WILPF
- Marie Dennis, Maryknoll Society
- Fred Rosen, NACLA
- Mark Pocan, Dane County Supervisor
- Haskell Wexler
- David Newby, President Wisconsin AFL-CIO
- Rev. Tim Kehl, Colombia Support Network
Open Letter to the Colombian People, Press and Government, Aug. 1996
- We, the undersigned, are North Americans and others who are deeply disturbed by the human rights situation in Colombia.
- Massacres, disappearances and torture happen continually in the anguished region of Uraba. We can not understand how paramilitary groups operate so freely in this militarized region where the Colombian army is present in massive numbers, and which does not perform its constitutional function of defending the civilian population. And we can not understand why the regional paramilitary leader is not apprehended and brought to justice for his crimes against humanity.
- We call upon all armed parties -- paramilitary units, guerrillas, army, police, urban militias and commandos -- to immediately cease all attacks upon both the civilian population and upon each other. Justice, peace and a fruitful life is never found through murder, torture, kidnapping and intimidation.
Rosenberg Fund for Children
Endorsed Marcy Winograd
In 2006 Haskell Wexler a Cinematograhper was a National and State endorser of Marcy Winograd of the Los Angeles Progressive Democrats of America in her unsuccessful primary bid for the Democratic Party nomination 26th Congressional District in California
Liberty Hill Foundation
As at 2009, Haskell Wexler was a member of the Advisory Board of the Liberty Hill Foundation, a Los Angeles based organization seeking to advance movements for social change through a combination of grants, leadership training and alliance-building.
"Free the Cuban 5"
From an April 8,2011 letter.
"Dear President Carter:
We, Actors and Artists United for the Freedom of the Cuban 5, want to extend our deepest gratitude for your recent visit to Cuba, as well as our support for your statements promoting improved relations between our countries.
Your call for the release of Gerardo Hernandez Nordelo, Antonio Guerrero Rodriguez, Fernando Gonzalez Llort, Ramon Labanino Salazar, and Rene Gonzalez Sehwerert, known as the Cuban 5, and your willingness to visit with their family members in Cuba mean a great deal to all involved. We strongly agree that there is no reason to keep these men, who were simply trying to protect their country from terrorism, imprisoned any longer...
Further, we enthusiastically support you in having subsequent discussions with President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and hope you will call for urgent action on their part to make right this unjust situation.
Again, we thank you and look forward to the possibility of improved relations and future visits to Cuba.
Ed Asner, Co-Chair , Danny Glover, Co-Chair, Jackson Browne , James Cromwell, Mike Farrell, Richard Foos, Elliott Gould, Chrissie Hand , Francisco Letelier, Esai Morales, Graham Nash , Bonnie Raitt, Susan Sarandon, Pete Seeger, Martin Sheen , Betty Sheinbaum, Stanley Sheinbaum, Andy Spahn, Oliver Stone ,Haskell Wexler
- Open Letter to the Colombian People, Press and Government: Stop the Bloodshed in Uraba, Due Process for Jose Antonio Lopez, Nelson Campo and others, and an End to Faceless Justice and Political Repression, August 1996
- Rosenberg Fund for Children Letterhead June 19 2003
- Endorsers of Winograd
- Liberty Hill website: Advisory Board
- [http://mltoday.com/subject-areas/cuba/letter-from-san-antonio-activists-supporting-the-cuban-5-1231.html, Marxism-Leninism Today, Letter from San Antonio Activists Supporting the Cuban 5 PDF Print E-mail Oct. 2, 2011]