- 1 Support from Onward Together
- 2 Peace Action
- 3 Council for a Livable World
- 4 Supported Iran Deal
- 5 NIAC endorsement
- 6 Iranian support
- 7 PDA 2018 endorsement
- 8 Left support
- 9 Socialists Campaigning for Katie and Harley
- 10 Vote Common Good 2018 endorsements
- 11 National Nurses United endorsement
- 12 Indivisible
- 13 References
Support from Onward Together
Council for a Livable WorldIn 2018 Harley Rouda was endorsed by Council for a Livable World.
The Council for a Livable World endorsed Harley Rouda in his 2020 House race.
- In 2018, Harley Rouda defeated longtime arch-conservative incumbent Rep. Dana Rohrabacher 54%-46% in this Orange Country district. Now he is at the top of the Republican target list to return the seat to Republican hands in 2020.
- Rouda is prepared for a tough race, as Republicans have united behind county supervisor Michelle Steel and hope to turn Orange County red again.
- He has voted to cut funds for deploying President Trump’s new low-yield nuclear weapon and opposes Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal.
- Rouda is a successful businessman, philanthropist, attorney and tech entrepreneur. He received his MBA from The Ohio State University, and his J.D. from Capital University Law School.
- We are proud to endorse him in 2020.
Supported Iran Deal
The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), known commonly as the Iran nuclear deal or Iran deal, was an agreement on the Iranian nuclear program reached in Vienna on July 14, 2015 between Iran, the P5+1 (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, United States—plus Germany), and the European Union.
NIAC Action press release October 16, 2018:
NIAC Action is proud to endorse Harley Rouda as the next Congressman of California’s 48th Congressional district. Rouda opposes “Donald Trump’s backward attacks on immigrants” and is ready to work in Congress to end the Muslim Ban. He is also committed to supporting the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and America’s commitment to peace and stability abroad. Rouda describes Trump’s efforts to undermine the nuclear accord as “wrong, dangerous and unfair.” He says that the U.S. “must negotiate in good faith and that includes supporting the JCPOA.”
There is a lot at stake for the Iranian-American community in Rouda’s race given the incumbent he is seeking to replace – Dana Rohrabacher. In response to ISIS terror attacks on Tehran in 2017 that killed innocent civilians, Rohrabacher called the attacks “a good thing.” As Rouda has pointed out, Rohrabacher has failed to fully and sincerely apologize for the remarks.
Moreover, Rohrabacher has openly called for supporting violent ethnic separatists in Iran as well as the Mujahedin-e-Khalq cult group that was designated as a terrorist organization until 2011. Rohrabacher has refused to condemn President Trump’s Muslim ban or even hold a hearing on it, despite his perch on the House Foreign Affairs Committee that oversees the State Department.
Harley Rouda has long been dedicated to protecting the humanity of people in his community. Along with his wife Kaira, he worked to established the first homeless shelter for families in Columbus, Ohio and is a long-time supporter of Human Rights Watch, Planned Parenthood, and the Human Rights Campaign. Rouda also advocates for comprehensive immigration reform that includes reversing the Muslim ban and supporting student visas.
Rouda believes that “Donald Trump and his enablers, including Dana Rohrabacher, are moving our country backwards.” You can help him reverse Trump’s damage and put the country back on a path that benefits all Americans.
National Iranian American Council November 16, 2018 ·
As of last night, 6 NIAC Action endorsed candidates WON their races. With your support, we elected the first Iranian-American women on state legislature in Georgia and Florida. And we flipped four key Iranian-American Congressional districts! We look forward to working with the new Congress to advocate for Iranian-American priorities and voices in the years ahead. #BeshkanTheVote.
PDA 2018 endorsement
In 2018 Progressive Democrats of America endorsed Harley Rouda, CA-48.
Bill Honigman May 24, 2018:
With PDA Orange Co CA Chapter and National Nurses United endorsed candidate for Congress Harley Rouda CA48, talking #HealthcareNotWarfare #WindmillsNotWeapons #EducationNotIncarceration and #CorporationsAreNotPeople — feeling motivated in Newport Beach, California.
Socialists Campaigning for Katie and Harley
Bill Honigman August 29, 2018:
Great group today in support of Katie Porter CA45 and Harley Rouda CA48 to #FlipTheHouse for #MedicareForAll #Medicare4All #mfa #m4a and #HealthcareJustice — feeling motivated with William Moses Summerville and Octavia Tuohey in Aliso Viejo, California.
Vote Common Good 2018 endorsements
Vote Common Good 2018 endorsements included Harley Rouda.
National Nurses United endorsement
National Nurses United 2018 endorsements in California included:
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-01 – Audrey Denney
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-03 – John Garamendi
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-17 – Ro Khanna
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-27 – Judy Chu
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-41 – Mark Takano
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-45 – Katie Porter
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-47 – Alan Lowenthal
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-48 – Harley Rouda
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-50 – Ammar Campa-Najjar
In 2018 Indivisible endorsed Harley Rouda.