Hannah Jane Sassaman
Hannah Jane Sassaman is Policy Director at Media Mobilizing Project.
She is a nationally recognized organizer for media justice. Hannah came to MMP as a volunteer, working on grassroots fundraising, and now serves as the Policy Director of the organization. As the Campaign Director at the Prometheus Radio Project, Hannah helped lead the grassroots organizing and legislative strategy that resulted in the passage of the Local Community Radio Act – a bill that opened up the FM dial to thousands more community radio stations nationwide. Hannah leads the CAP Comcast campaign – focused on holding Comcast accountable to poor and working people in Philadelphia and beyond. Hannah is a member of the Board of Directors of Allied Media Projects and at Fight for the Future; she is a trustee at the Valentine Foundation.
She is the partner of community programmer Josh Marcus.
- Former Adjunct Fellow at Open Technology Initiative at New America
- Former Campaign Director at Prometheus Radio Project
- Former Communications Specialist at SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania
July 2019 Philadelphia hosted the Netroots Nation conference, a national gathering of progressives in pursuit of networking, collaboration, and inspiration from grassroots movements. The Reclaim Philadelphia crew made our presence known, participating in several sessions and shaking things up with a direct action, alongside allies Coalition to Abolish Death By Incarceration, that targeted Attorney General Josh Shapiro.
On Thursday morning, Rick Krajewski, our lead Mass Liberation Organizer, was on a panel alongside our allies (and officemates!), Bryan Mercer, Hannah Jane Sassaman, Arielle Klagsbrun, and Kendra Brooks, who are with Media Mobilizing Project, 215 People's Alliance, and the Our City Our Schools Coalition, to discuss how coalition organizing has taken Philly to the next level, and the unique challenges we've faced in doing it.
National Conference for Media Reform 2011
MMP Host Committee
Media Mobilizing Project April 23, 2014:
MMP is thrilled to announce our powerhouse-of-a-host-committee for our 5th Annual Sustainer Celebration and Launch Party for The Spark: Stories that Change Our Times.
Our hosts are movement-builders, media-makers, organizers, strategists, and everyday people fighting to win our human rights!
Alex Wiles * Alix Mariko Webb * Allison Budschalow & Jonathan Barnes * Amber Felton * Amendu Evans * Amy Miller, Melissa Beatriz, Jonathan Barnes, Gary Broderick, Desi Burnette, Wende Marshall, Anna Grant, Zoraida Cecilia, Melissa Robbins, Bryan Mercer, Audra Traynham, Mica Root, Kati Sipp, Bek Phil, Antoine Haywood, Jay Graber, Renee McBride Williams, Todd Wolfson, Sunanda Ghosh, Molly McLidz, Sheila Quintana, Nomi M-b, Alex Wiles, Fred Pinguel, Milena Velis, Ron Blount, Jeff Rousset, Katya Rosa Botwinick, Harvey Finkle, Brendon Jobs, Patricia Eakin, Willie Colon, Kristin Campbell, Amendu Evans, Allison Budschalow, Ociele Hawkins, Tc Owens, Rugiatu Conteh and Ron Whitehorne.
Media Mobilizing Project February 25, 2015:
With Ron Blount, Hannah Jane Sassaman, Bryan Mercer, Alix Mariko Webb, Pep Marie, Phil, Jeff Rousset, Helyx Chase, Paul N. Marano, Lawrence Jones, Milena Velis, Kristin Campbell and Andrew Phillips at 4534 Baltimore Ave. Philadelphia, PA.
- Bryan Mercer – Executive Director
- Di Luong – Research and Policy Organizer
- Hannah Jane Sassaman – Policy Director
- Helyx Chase Scearce Horwitz – Tech Manager
- Milena Velis – Media Production Director
- Pep Marie – PhillySUN Program Coordinator
- T.C. Owens – Production and Partnerships Coordinator
- Zakia Royster-Morris – Philly SUN School Organizer
- Zoraida Ossa – Office Manager
Todd Wolfson in his book "Digital Rebellion: The Birth of the Cyber Left" thanked activists from the Media Mobilizing Project and Philadelphia, including Shivaani Selvaraj, Mica Root, Phil Wider, Nijmie Dzurinko, Desi Burnette, Ron Blount, Alix Webb, Bryan Mercer, Rebekah Scotland Phillips, Kristin Campbell, Hannah Jane Sassaman, Erika Almiron, Rachel Goffe, Megan Williamson, Fred Pinguel, Amalia Deloney, Martin Lautz, John Hough, Steve Chrevenka, Al Alston, Carmen Cuadrado, Amendu Evans, Audra Traynham, Peter Bloom, Lawrence Jones, Charles Clark, Koby Murphy, Quon Chance, Willie Baptist, Liz Theoharis, Liz McElroy, Mohammad Shukur, Bill Zoda, Tekle Gebrehmdin, Patrick Animah, Gary Broderick, Dina Yarmus, Ron Whitehorne, Patricia Eakin and others. 
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invied, on Facebook included Hannah Jane Sassaman.
Amanda McIllmurray May 4 2018:
- [Digital Rebellion: The Birth of the Cyber Left By Todd Wolfson. Acknowledgements]
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109