By Fred Gaboury, People's Weekly World 4 October 1997
Communist Party's May Day Salute
In 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper People's Weekly World, published a "May Day salute" to the "heroes in the class war zone". More than 100 unionists/activists endorsed the call, mostly known affiliates, or members of the Communist Party.
George Meyers, chair Communist Party USA Labor Commission, Baltimore, was one of those listed.
Anti Bush statement
In May 1995 the Communist Party USA newspaper Peoples Weekly World published a May Day supplement. Included was an anti Bush/Quayle statement signed by several Maryland supporters of the party, including George Meyers.
Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
George Meyers, TWA (retired) Baltimore, was on the list.
Birthday Greetings to William "Red" Davis
- In the fight for the unity and integrity of the Party in St. Louis, Missouri, in the post-war years, "Red" has been a rock of confidence and commitment to building the Communist Party.
Greetings were sent from George Meyers of Maryland.
- [AFL-CIO Convention charts path to future]
- People's Weekly World May 6 1995 p 2
- PWW May Day supplement May 2, 1992
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- Peoples Weekly World December 9, 1995 page 19