SEIU Local 1199
Since 2005, the Center for Community Change has "recognized some of our nation’s top community leaders for advancing the cause of social justice, with a particular impact on the lives of low-income people and people of color. CCC’s Community Change Champion Awards are presented to individuals and organizations who are our heroes in the social justice movement".
In 2011, awardees were;
- Quinn Delaney, President of Akonadi Foundation
- George Gresham, President of 1199 SEIU United Health Care Workers East
- Pramila Jayapal, Executive Director of OneAmerica
- Christine Neumann-Ortiz, Executive Director of Voces de la Frontera
- Frances Fox Piven, Professor of Political Science CUNY
- Congressman Raúl Grijalva, United States Representative, Arizona 7th District
Signers of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's May 12, 2015 launched The Progressive Agenda to Combat Income Inequality included George Gresham. - SEIU.
- CCC website, Change Champions, accessed Jan. 30, 2012
- http://progressiveagenda.us/signers SIGNERS OF THE PROGRESSIVE AGENDA TO COMBAT INCOME INEQUALITY]